Hot Sauce Thread

You don't like anus-destroying heat? You can't handle food so hot it ruins the meal?

What a pussy!

I know, I weep secret non-manly tears of shame every time i get out the sriracha

Tried the Aardvark again tonight and it appears to have improved, maybe being open a few days, maybe b/c I shook the shit out of it or maybe cos I put it in the fridge? Or maybe I have just dulled my taste buds, whatev, it seems a little better.

Trader Joe's has been for a while coming out with a good lineup of semi-hot to hot sauces.

They have an organic version of sriracha which I think tastes much better.
Then they have "Green Dragon Sauce" about on same heat level but also great flavor.
There is also a Jalapeno sauce which is not so hot but great tasting.
I already mentioned the Habanero sauce they have. The hottest out of all of them..

I'm gonna try this crap today...

tgI1BCR.jpg

Never had it before.

*Update* So I tried all 3. I would have to say Black was my favorite. They aren't very hot though.

Was it worth 65 dollars? Meh... All in all they remind me of Siracha minus the heat. Also, you may not be able to use my taste buds as a good review. The black one is the cheaper out of the 3. But if you are looking for intense heat, this isn't for you.

Last edited:
That truffle stuff is out of my price range. I just got a bottle of Torchbearer Son of Zombie and can't wait to try it.

Made some killer hot sauce today - well more of a puree I guess?

Poblano plants were rocking this year, took a bunch and roasted them on the fire - peeled, seeded, chopped.

Not super spicy, so I added a couple Aurora peppers.

Mortar and Pestle is the key here (blending destroys the cells, creates a diff end product) - 1 clove of garlic, little lime juice, lots of manual grinding to a smooth paste, good olive oil - had this on tacos tonight, 7 y/o gobbled the shit down by the spoonful.

Truff is more about the oil (Truffle) taste. Not powerful at all. Good in salads to add flavor along with ranch dressing and hummus. It's thick so I add water to the bottle and shake it. That's a way to make your sauces last longer and pour easy. I've got a bottle of the black I'm working through.

Back