Home gyms: What do you use?

Weight training was complementary for me for most of my adult life.
Last few years though, it's been much easier to hit the weights few times a week than go do some time consuming activity.

Maximal strength is something you can be relatively good at when you're getting older. I am far slower than I was when I was 20, but I can lift heavier weights now. So I notice myself gravitating to exercises which I am relatively better at. and nowdays it's weight lifting and climbing.

Past year not enough exercise. Need to get back into it. Mostly my gym is a combination of riding a mountain bike and "death marches" (I call her hikes) with my wife.

I stretch when emptying the dishwasher. It's a stretch/dance/kata thing. The 5000 glasses the teenagers use go down in that cupboard, my 20 tea cups go up in that cupboard. The wine glasses go over there. Emptying the dishwasher is best done to dance music. I'm like mr f'n jazzercise over here.

Back in the day I went to a gym, and had a bench in my garage. I know all the exercises to do. Start off with light weights and don't over do it. I'm sure one could look up videos on YT for the exercises, but if you have the money for a trainer, that's great.

Aww...look at my two little fans...missing me while im asleep so they start threads in my honor.

adorbs

I am...but less so

Still short?....and just getting shorter?

I just had my annual medical and got properly measured at 5' 7". Was sure I was closer to 5' 6" so I'll take it. 25th percentile or so. Do keep us posted when you get below 99th percentile for fatass.

Aww...look at my two little fans...missing me while im asleep so they start threads in my honor.

adorbs

Damn straight.

I think this week we're going to start with a basic fan club where members will get a certificate of membership and a shirt, next month we'll move to a second tier, where preferred members will also get arm-bands and little hats.

Back