[HL3] Gabe Newell's Immersion Circulator "Joule."

TrojanMan421

Veteran XX
Joule-6-drawer.0.0.jpg

How ChefSteps and Gabe Newell Plan to Transform Sous Vide Cooking - Eater

200 bucks on preorder, 300 on release. AnovA finally got it's comp

I think I'll get one. Gabe Newell only bets on winners.

I've always been a bit interested in sous vide. I dont think I'd ever cook a steak in it, but Id probably use it for a lot of fish, or soft boiled eggs. I never really wanted one before because I did not want that big boxy contraption that I would use every now and then. Glad this one is small, and the magnets are a great idea!

Correct. Almost works better honestly. And why wouldn't you cook steak in one? Made the best streak of my life using this method

I like smelling the steak ect when I cook it. I can't say that for fish or lamb. Lamb is my favorite red meat and I never cook it at home just because of it's smell when it's raw. Using a sous vide would just divorce you from that experience. Besides, Id have to get a new cutting board or something for the searing if it needs a torch.

searzall is p fun tbh, just use a wire rack over a cookie sheet to sear
i have an anova but will probably just regift it and pick up one of these
been a big fan of easy risotto

this guy managed to cook like shit and proliferate a blow torch myth (while cooking in his hiking socks)

he has a 100 dollar vacuum sealer, 50 dollar irt, 30 bucks of steak, and hold on bro i gotta boil some more water in my tea kettle to cook my steak in an igloo

the water is also not being circulated and only heated to 130 so you are essentially cooking in an incubator for bacteria and food borne illness congrats!

it's not a 7th grade science experiment, it's dinner
if you don't want to purchase a searzall just sear in pan; an unfitted torch will ruin any maillard reaction with overwhelming 'torch taste'

Last edited:
Back