[gaming news] nvidia 4090

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
4090 - $1599 - October 12th (2-4x performance of 3090ti - probably more like 2x)
4080 12GB - $899 - November
4080 16GB - $1199 - November

Portal RTX (raytracing) coming in November

they have mod tools for the new gpus called something like 'rtx remix' - which will upscale textures for older games, which then creates a "mod pack" that you can distribute to other people. The example they used was Morrowind (the textures did look better)

wild, although maybe not as expensive as I was thinking. Seems like a better idea would be just to buy a ps5/xbox series x.

i guess ill just keep my 2 3090s then
maybe 50xx series will intrigue me

only interesting news is a new portal game

Sweet, I've been playing through it again.

Also: Introducing RTX Remix | GeForce News | NVIDIA
NVIDIA RTX Remix, a free modding platform built on NVIDIA Omniverse that enables modders to quickly create and share #RTXON mods for classic games, each with enhanced materials, full ray tracing, NVIDIA DLSS 3, and NVIDIA Reflex.

In other news, EVGA isn't going to make video cards anymore.

oh its just a remake with ray tracings? :shrug:

but i guess its been ages since i played and forgot all the puzzles so it may as well be a new experience again :)

New levels and a third portal type April 2021. I guess I missed it too..

And a mini steam deck game early this year.

Last edited:
piotrr just started playing Minecraft again with ray tracing and damn, it's beautiful.

Always good news when new tech video cards come out. I don't have rtx yet and am due for a new machine. I normally buy a couple model / generations old, so when they release the new amazing stuff the older stuff often drops quick in price and makes a nice deal.

Gives info, then it gets technical.

I won't be needing it because I just built a 5k system with an Asus 3090Ti OC, paid $1499 plus tax on 07/20/22 for a total of $1603.
Right now the card is going for $1100 on Newegg but it is on backorder.
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Video Card TUF-RTX3090TI-O24G-GAMING - Newegg.com
So in 2 months, the card dropped by $400. Wow, but I'm happy with my system and it's working great. Included the Bethesda Bundle of Doom Eternal, and Ghost Wire Tokyo. The video card is the 1st item I bought, then I bought everything else. Robeytech does builds, that's how I built my system.
Robeytech Live - YouTube

In other news, my SteamDeck was delivered today. Took 3 months since I ordered. I got on the waiting list again.

Last edited:
so do these 4090s require 600 wat or wut lul

450, but prepare your anus for the transients.

I won't be needing it because I just built a 5k system with an Asus 3090Ti OC, paid $1499 plus tax on 07/20/22 for a total of $1603.
Right now the card is going for $1100 on Newegg but it is on backorder.
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Video Card TUF-RTX3090TI-O24G-GAMING - Newegg.com
So in 2 months, the card dropped by $400. Wow, but I'm happy with my system and it's working great. Included the Bethesda Bundle of Doom Eternal, and Ghost Wire Tokyo. The video card is the 1st item I bought, then I bought everything else.

I also bought the card first, EVGA 3080Ti, and paid 1099 on June 23rd. Now it's 979.

Last edited:
Back