DOGGIES

Speaking of rescues..
http://magnoliahumane.rescuegroups.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=4071573
s3488a4071573m10081859.jpg

"About Jasmine Ann
Species: Dog
Rescue ID: Jasmine Ann ( Holly)(
General Color: Black with White
Current Age: 1 Year 6 Months (best estimate)
Jasmine Ann and her brother Nelson were taken from Animal Control to save them from euthanasia. Jasmine Ann is a sweet friendly girl who would love to go home with you."

Basset hound/Cocker Spaniel

My dad in Louisiana came across this while looking for another dog for himself and offered to adopt AND ship her up to Philly. She looks a lot like the dog I brought with me when I moved to Philly (died of old age @ 15 yrs in '02).

Hes' going to an adoption drive at the local Pet Smart today and if he likes what he sees he'll be bringing her home. So I might be having a doggie again by middle of next week :)

Last edited:
Huskies FTW. So what kind of sub did you get her, Fugazni? Ha.

She gets a turkey on wheat with american cheese, spinach, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, salt and pepper, and spicy mustard, but this year she left the spinach and the cucumber on the floor so I guess she's asking me to leave those off for next year.

:birthday:

Awesome husky. I don't see many red-haired ones. Is that a chocolate lab next to him?

Its official. My dad brought her home with him and is looking into the best way to ship her to Philly :)

pics when she gets here.

She gets a turkey on wheat with american cheese, spinach, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, salt and pepper, and spicy mustard, but this year she left the spinach and the cucumber on the floor so I guess she's asking me to leave those off for next year.

:birthday:

Awesome husky. I don't see many red-haired ones. Is that a chocolate lab next to him?
Haha that's awesome. I keep my dogs on a raw diet so curious if my Husky would even touch anything on that sub minus the turkey/cheese. Yeah he's a chocolate dilute "Silver."

update:
hailey the mastiff (80-100 lbs) is cool but comes with some issues:
4 years old like i said, timid/afraid at first of people but warms up to women, but wouldnt really warm up to me. To be fair it was 9 days in to her foster care from being surrendered but... She would scoot under a car rather than let me get close/pet her
They assure me 3 or so days after having her, she came around to them, and she does well with other dogs. I would be taking her around a lot of different people and dogs weekly so I just dont know if it would be a problem or not. And that's why...

We went to the shelter today to get on the roster for puppy adoption of pitbulls (already planned) and while there saw a German Shepard Shar pei Mix (according to the paper...but who knows)
6 months old, would sit when i told him. Really big on jumping up though, very active and hyper. basically the opposite in terms of Hailey. Plays 'rough'
6 mo, 52 lbs.
I havent really been around either breed much before and was wondering if the rambunctiousness eventually leaves them or if he will be crazy hyper all the time. I'd be taking him camping occasionally, dog parking and on walks and am not sure if that's enough activity if he is high energy forever.

so i'm up in the air. With the inclusion of a puppy, would that hyper mix be too much for the smaller dog or what

urg

Today was my dog's birthday. When she was a puppy there were a couple times I left a sub or sandwich on the table and left the room without thinking. I would come back and there would be a scrap of lettuce remaining and no other evidence, so I started a tradition of getting a sub for her birthday. She's a little dirty in this pic cuz we just got back from the dog park.

AD5792EE-C58E-4036-823D-1B23CE9D78D6-8207-00000767B30D679F.jpg
aw such a good girl waiting for her sub

well, hailey the mastiff had someone else take her in in the 12 hour dilemma i was having
so that sucks

we've broadened the scope to san antonio and houston and have found a bunch of different dogs. I think the gsd mix is a bit too active for me. But i'll be thinking more on it today and tomorrow

Back