Do you haggle on price

Lord Elessar

or something
Veteran XX
Other than real estate and cars I can't tell you the last time I bothered with talking a guy down. I don't mean price matching Amazon at a box store. Actual back and forth over a deal. So much stuff "is what it is" haggling feels like a waste of time.

Of course I'll Google items and match the price but getting them to knock off extra just because or I'll walk just doesn't seem to happen much anymore.

Thanks corporate America?

It does but you have to be a dick. So no problem for me. If I buy more than 3 items from a store, other than food, I ask for a discount.

I buy my pet food in bulk and it's the good shit science diet or something. When I buy from the feed store I ask and get a discount.

Online it is much harder since you're not standing there with cash in hand but if you are prepared to walk, and your not ignorant but confident, you get something.

I don't take 'no' for an answer on returns and broken shit either. I bought a router that had wood blocks in the box and I never flinched, they gave me my money back

the last rental car I got overcharged me $400 but that was because they didn't give me the right car the first time and therefore gave me the cheaper rate when I left the lot. When I returned it they gave me the correct rate for the car I had, I didn't care - I called back and complained they raised my rate when I turned it back in, got the $400 back.

It does but you have to be a dick. So no problem for me. If I buy more than 3 items from a store, other than food, I ask for a discount.

I buy my pet food in bulk and it's the good shit science diet or something. When I buy from the feed store I ask and get a discount.

Online it is much harder since you're not standing there with cash in hand but if you are prepared to walk, and your not ignorant but confident, you get something.

I don't take 'no' for an answer on returns and broken shit either. I bought a router that had wood blocks in the box and I never flinched, they gave me my money back

Good idea on pet food. I spend way too much on that. Cat litter is also massively over priced for something that is just going to get pooped on.

i like to haggle over my lunch

I actually learned my haggling from a spaz work friend I had. The dude would say whatever was on his mind and while friendly, he wouldn't budge.

We would grab lunch every day when I was a lot younger and if someone told him it would be a minute or asked us to pull forward and wait.. he wouldn't move till they threw in an apple pie or something for free... and they would laugh about it because he was such a goof.

I learned.

That's cool. Makes it easier for people like me since hardly anyone asks anymore.

Call out for last year ac problem. 80 dollar call out and hourly rate. I know what's wrong with the AC and I'm not paying an hr troubleshoot plus call out plus repair. Bullshit. 80 call out gets rolled into cost of repair and no extra hour charge. You don't pay attention, haggle a little and just let the guy do his thing, you pay 280 for 90 repair.

If you have a real job and don't haggle raises and benefits? :lol:

Nothing is too small or too large to haggle over. It's fun. Not the Jew kind of screw you out of everything haggle just the value kind

I never do, I hate it. But I'll share with you a Fraggle story you might enjoy:

A few years ago he won a free gift from his cell provider-- he was able to pick from 5 different things: a dvd player, a jacket, a kindle, some other crap. So the chick on the phone lists the prizes and asks Eph which one he would like. He replies he'd like a more detailed description of the dvd player, so she gets her little card and reads him the whole description and asks if he'd like that. He asked her to tell him more details about one of the other prizes, she does that. He gets her to read as much detail on all the prizes as she has, and he's like "I just can't decide, can you tell me about the player again?" He's now 20 minutes deep in this convo. She keeps going through the stuff, and he keeps saying he's really having trouble picking just ONE of these amazing prizes. Chick gets frustrated and calls her supervisor, and then the supervisor is made by Fraggle to jump through the same hoops, going back and forth, reading the detailed descriptions of each one, him saying he can't decide until frustration just boils over in her and she's like "Look. I'll send you one of each if we can just end this call now." So he got all five prizes and as they are confirming his shipping information, he starts asking if maybe he could get a second jacket. They got his info and he was still asking when they finally hung up on him. He says he was a little irritated that he only got one of each prize.

Fraggle is a jew btw.

Back