Daily Science Thread

yes

because half the time i have to spend most of my effort trying to parse what the fuck you're saying

I deal w/ people in all sorts of states of distress and variable levels of coherency but you are without a doubt the most incomprehensible motherfucker I've come across in a long, long time

I've known schizophrenics who perseverate with more intelligibility

Scientific fact to why ICfire should take a couple days off and maybe go play some video games. Its happening in almost every thread now...

I came to TW at a very awkward time :(

Spoiler

ok so 14 million living descendents of the jews at the time who refused to acclaim jesus as the messiah against ~2 billion self-identifying 'christians' of various stripes and creeds who say that he is

do you see where this is going you fucking taxidermist kit

i see what you're driving at but you getting this excited and smug and self-congratulatory about it just makes me wonder if you're actually alright in the head (only kidding, you're obviously fucked)

...christianity is what it is...an amalgamation of what came before with a twist. There are approximately 12 "jesus" concepts prior to jesus story line.

Jesus-Tada.jpg

Jesus is a False Messiah

yes

because half the time i have to spend most of my effort trying to parse what the fuck you're saying

I deal w/ people in all sorts of states of distress and variable levels of coherency but you are without a doubt the most incomprehensible motherfucker I've come across in a long, long time

I've known schizophrenics who perseverate with more intelligibility

You could have just said persevere, would have saved you a couple of keystrokes.

Perseveration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In psychology and psychiatry, perseveration is the repetition of a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder.[1] Symptoms include "the inability to switch ideas along with the social context, as evidenced by the repetition of words or gestures after they have ceased to be socially relevant or appropriate," [2] or the "act or task of doing so," [3] and are not better described as stereotypy (a highly repetitive idiosyncratic behaviour).

In a broader sense it is used for a wide range of functionless behaviours that arise from a failure of the brain to either inhibit prepotent responses or to allow its usual progress to a different behavior, and includes impairment in set shifting and task switching in social and other contexts.

In general English, perseveration (vb: "to perseverate") refers to insistent or redundant repetition, not necessarily in a clinical context.

Mukkie frequently gives me words to lookup, but it is rare that he provides the definition too. ^_^

Jesus was a Jew who established Christianity. So he was the first Christian. That's why it's named after him. Unless I am wrong.

That would mean Martin Luther was not a Lutheran. :-/

- Tapatapatapatalk

Mukkie frequently gives me words to lookup, but it is rare that he provides the definition too. ^_^

Jesus was a Jew who established Christianity. So he was the first Christian. That's why it's named after him. Unless I am wrong.

That would mean Martin Luther was not a Lutheran. :-/

well, no, jesus (and his followers) merely saw jesus being the messiah as a natural 'completion' of judaism; jesus was a 'zealot' or 'devout follower' of judaism and would only ever really want to be known as that

the people who, after his death (and to some extent during his life), split from the orthodox judaism of the time as an expression of the fact that they were specifically following the teachings of a rabbi called christ were what could be called a 'christian' sect of judaism, and still would if it wasn't for the super-development that it has been through since then meaning that, taxonomically speaking, it'd be a really fucking awkward way of going about it (still semi accurate though)

but this is all splitting hairs since jesus believed in the divinity of jesus (or did he?)

luther was still a lutheran tho :roller:

edit: there's also the complication that comes from the word/name/title 'christ' itself:

Jesus came into the world in order to fulfill all these promises (2Cor 1:20) - that is why Jesus had to be a Jew. In short Jesus didn’t come to establish Judaism for all to follow, he came as the Christ (that is the long expected and anticipated King from the Old Testament) to establish CHRISTianity not as a set of laws to follow but as a life of following the CHRIST.

but mileage varies on whether that's a serious cultural/socio-etymological relationship or not (read: whether we call it (or it was decided that it would be called) christianity because he's the christ, a christ or just b/c we called him christ when he was alive blah blah blah)

Last edited:
i am approaching this from a social science direction since i am a cultural theorist fuck you

theres no theory... cliffs of all religion:
1. derps see something (everything) they cant explain
2. so they make shit up to satisfy their need for an explanation because logic too hard
3. others accept explanation because theyre posers and derps
4. a religion is born

Back