Creative Assembly (Total War) Warhammer Game

holy shit :)
what great news

i fucking love warhammer
hope they get the chaos gods right and army customization with colors and such (probably not)

warhammer fantasy I assume?

could be cool although I feel like GW are bound to find some way to interfere and fuck it up

Tw terrible games.

if tw spent some money to acquire taleworldm's dynamic world concept to house their troop combat mini game, we could have a legit game

the offspring of total war and mount and blade would be more awesome than the beckham pitt baby

Warhammer has a pretty awesome back story and neat 'lore' or whatever you want to call it, but the company that makes it is like a British apple under steve jobs

its fantasy cuz the space setting wouldnt work with total war

also, 40k rights belong to THQ i think?

Fantasy can still be fun. The Warhammer MMO was pretty fun at release, but Orcs will always be < Orks, cuz not 'nuff dakka. Need more dakka!

i still want a real awesome mechwarrior/battletech themed RTS or strategy game

so much fucking potential in that universe it is crazy

imagine commanding elemental squads

or a rag tag line of infantry/armed civilians defending a town against a single mech

of a whole star of clan mechs against hordes of shitty IS tech

holy shit just mail me the check

Why Fantasy? 40k seems to be much more popular.

Also Coombz is right. GW will fuck this up.

If I were to hazard a guess... from what I understand of the two table top games, Warhammer with it's focus on formations of units, is closer in play style to the traditional style of a Total War game then 40K, which focus's on individual characters as units (rather then the group as a single unit).

In short, I can see it being easier to adapt Warhammer into Total War, then 40k.

warhammer fantasy I assume?

could be cool although I feel like GW are bound to find some way to interfere and fuck it up

yeah :/

edit: yes, wfb is all about 'regiments' in base-to-base formations moving as 1, with each model representing a load of mens

so it would make way more sense for CA to do that, although shadow of the horned rat will take some beating

If I were to hazard a guess... from what I understand of the two table top games, Warhammer with it's focus on formations of units, is closer in play style to the traditional style of a Total War game then 40K, which focus's on individual characters as units (rather then the group as a single unit).

In short, I can see it being easier to adapt Warhammer into Total War, then 40k.

40k was more skirmish and shoot, much like company of heroes. Actually, CoH could be modded pretty easily into a 40k type thing. But then it'd be much like dow 1 already was

getting away from RTS it would be tough for 40k to be an empire builder
i've not really seen a good military type empire builder other than paradox games (hoi2/3) and those dont do real time battles, just tactics to get to the provinces

so it'd be weird/different, but maybe pretty great if you could figure out the mechanics of a galaxy spanning empire for each faction and then individual wars/battles moving your shooty dudes around
hell you could throw in gothic fleet and titans with that set up as epic units

yeah :/

edit: yes, wfb is all about 'regiments' in base-to-base formations moving as 1, with each model representing a load of mens

so it would make way more sense for CA to do that, although shadow of the horned rat will take some beating

rofl fuckin shadow of the horned rat.
jesus.

Back