conversations with rock stars/famous people

I asked this chick if she was in Groundhog's Day.
big7.jpg

She was like yep.
I didn't have anything else to say so I just said hi and left.

I spent the summer training with Adu (Pele's homie g) at a soccer camp and ended up getting a ball signed by him and a picture signed by Pele and Adu. The guy was like 60 and still broke everybody's ankles, he was pretty badass.

Talked with Wayne Gretsky in a sunglass store while I was staying at my condo in Whistler.

I know a bunch of guys on the Mariners (yes sucky team) since I've worked as a physical therapist tech with HealthSouth, I guess that's their main go-to

I ran into Outkast in Paris. He likes to shop. A lot. He had like 5 guys with him, and each of them was carrying about 3 bags in each hand--he said it was all his o_O

I really really would have wanted to meet the cast of The Magnificent Seven. Those guys were like my favorite actors...Steve McQueen mmmmmmm

EDIT: adu thing

Last edited:
Spent several days teaching Sean William Scott and Chris Klien how to play lacrosse, both cool cats for sure.

the most famous person ive ever talked with at length was marc summers. yea, the guy on double dare. hes a douche irl too.

the most famous person ive had an encounter with was manny ramirez of red sox fame.

"MANNY!" "whats up" "OMFG MANNY TALKED TO US"

Iason said:
the idea for this thread came from somethingawful.com fyi
actually it came from my stupid ass brain, which never ever has commanded my fingers to surf to somethingawful.com

Animal said:
I asked this chick if she was in Groundhog's Day.
big7.jpg

She was like yep.
I didn't have anything else to say so I just said hi and left.
that's fucked, you should have tried to marry her on spot

I interviewed a lot of gaming celeb types when I worked for GameSpy. For a good while I used to stay in touch with John Romero/Stevie Case. I think Jeremy Soule (who does the gaming music for a lot of stellar titles) might be a favorite if I had to pick someone I had good conversations with.

RL I rub elbows with politicians all the time. But that just relates to activism and most of the time there is no conversation, just fluff.

I talked to a lead designer from Big Huge Games a few hours ago. But that was just to techsupport his hotel connection. :eek:

Kelster said:
I interviewed a lot of gaming celeb types when I worked for GameSpy. For a good while I used to stay in touch with John Romero/Stevie Case. I think Jeremy Soule (who does the gaming music for a lot of stellar titles) might be a favorite if I had to pick someone I had good conversations with.

RL I rub elbows with politicians all the time. But that just relates to activism and most of the time there is no conversation, just fluff.

I talked to a lead designer from Big Huge Games a few hours ago. But that was just to techsupport his hotel connection. :eek:

You live in Irvine?

Bomberman said:
I briefly talked to Omar/Cedric/Ikey from the Mars Volta before they played in Columbus, OH right when they were starting to gain popularity. I saw them crossing the street when I happened to be looking out of the window of the place that I was eating at. It was a rather cool and random experience.

sweet Fav sig.

I was given a ride home by Andrew Wk in his tour bus.

nicest man on the face of the planet.

oh and i briefly touched mike patton :ralf: and Daryl from Glassjaw/head automatica hit on one of my friends. other than that, i got nothing

Last edited:
Kelster said:
I think Jeremy Soule (who does the gaming music for a lot of stellar titles) might be a favorite if I had to pick someone I had good conversations with.

That's cool shit. If I had to pick one guy from the gaming biz to sit down and have a coffee with Jeremy Soule would be the guy.

As for myself, I sat 3 rows behind Ted Turner in Martin Luther's church in Atlanta during the first ever finals in Ted Turner Debate. His suit was very southern, and he stood out like a sore thumb. But I didn't talk to him.

I was at a mall in Orlando looking for a parking spot when I stopped to let someone cross the stree. I asked my wife "should I do the world a favor?" and when she looked up, it was Carrot Top. Didn't get to talk to him or anythign, just thought it was funny.

I talked with Penn and Teller briefly in Vegas. Teller spoke. It was weird.

Mom used to work at a sports medicine clinic.

I met darryl strawberry (pre cocaine bust) and attended a bbq at his grandma's house

Met Mike lynch, pretty cool guy. I've met talked with bazillions of wrestlers, they are everywhere down here. Talked with Hogan, brutus beefcake, jimmy hart and rick flair. i actually met them at a local hooters, they werent in costume or in persona and they are actually pretty cool guys. Just your average frat boys. Except hogan. Hogan is a very cool laid back guy

gofishgrrl. said:
Chris Carrabba (Further Seems Forever, Dashboard Confessional), Chris Conley (Saves the Day)...probably the nicest "famous" person I've ever met, almost suffocated me with his hug. Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio, Kenny Vasoli of The Starting Line, Something Corporate, Nate Barcalow of Finch and R2K of Finch, who randomly grabbed me out of a crowd of fans outside and hugged me against him for a good two minutes...very nice guy, but it kind of freaked me out.

My family is also friends with Bill Champlin, who has been the vocalist of Chicago since 1982. Fucking incredible singer, has AMAZING charisma. Really cool guy.

That's all I can think of for now.

I'm pretty sure you almost suffocated THEM with your FAT.

Alex Rodriguez -went to my highschool visited 2 or 3 times..
Bill henderson - (1st round pick, 19) was my coach in highschool
Angels pitching coach dont know his name but met him at a tournament
Kevin Neiland or however u spell it met him in a elevator at the hotel i was staying at during a tournament
Alex cora.. met him at a UM game back in the day
alotta baseball players.. too many to think of

Back