Considering buying a camping van

What about just a straight box truck? I've seen a few that have been converted into fairly decent 'campers'

No you haven't.

But a guy nearby has a military deuce and a half converted onto a camper.
Something like this but bigger. He cuts and splits wood for a living near a river and frequents military auctions for the big equipment he uses.

014.jpg

You typically cannot get a convetional loan for them. If anything, it'd be a personal loan at a higher rate than a normal RV loan.

There's no established market for them, they're almost always custom jobs and not from a line, so its really hard for a bank/cu to use it as collateral (even with an appraisal)

So beware if its not going to be a cash buy.

tbh i still can't get over a dood thinking he's "out in the wild" w/o going thru miles of pack-only (aka no gaylord cube-dwelling boomber pickup trucks towing glorified singlewides) terrain

tbh i still can't get over a dood thinking he's "out in the wild" w/o going thru miles of pack-only (aka no gaylord cube-dwelling boomber pickup trucks towing glorified singlewides) terrain

I spent the last 5 years packing. Still plan to do quite a bit of it, but would prefer a home base as opposed to campsite. :)

Edo would shit a brick if he saw some of the places I have taken my 38 foot trailer. It off roads great... as long as you approach obstacles correctly.

Last thing you want is trailer going one way and truck the other.. just plan it out then execute the plan

:lol: Nope. I have not got in over my head yet. I tore the back leveling jack off once but that is the worst I have done. I have also backed out of trails when they got too hairy. Know when to say when.

"trails"

aka not ~wilderness~

ur bringing the walmart lot w/ u and tbch i think ur skills shine most in the city when u do ninja backups in 3' wide alleys

Back