Comparing PC and PS3 gaming

james

Veteran X
I was thinking of getting a PS3 given the expected price drop to $299 in August. Game system + Blu Ray player is too good to pass up.

For those of you who have played games like Far Cry 2 or COD4 or any of the Rainbow 6 games on both PC and PS3, which did you find preferable or that gave the better experience?

are we to assume you're keeping your pc up to date, or no?

if not, ps3 gaming is pretty fun and is more of a matter of getting used to using a controller over mouse/kb combo.

and for me, my ps3 is hooked up to a nice tv and i sit in a more comfy chair ;)

I dont know why anyone plays fps games on a console

sports, driving, fighting, consoles are fantastic. got no bias towards pcs. But first person shooters? cmon man

i borrowed a friends PS3 recently for a week or two, mainly so i could play an old ps2 game i picked up second hand, but being a game-a-holic i also gave it a thorough play test on the other games he had, and downloaded demos of Infamous, Metal Gear Solid and Warhawk (i would've tried LBP too but there isn't a demo up)

my advice is just don't bother. or at least wait until they release a slimline version or something so you can get it even cheaper

21jbrqp.jpg

Last edited:
are we to assume you're keeping your pc up to date, or no?

if not, ps3 gaming is pretty fun and is more of a matter of getting used to using a controller over mouse/kb combo.

and for me, my ps3 is hooked up to a nice tv and i sit in a more comfy chair ;)

My PC is relatively up to date (I believe I bought it in 2008), but I'm kind of getting tired of upgrading and upgrading.

Graphics and performance-wise, will the PS3 be superior since the developers know the exact platform they will be developing for and the limits as such?

I dont know why anyone plays fps games on a console

sports, driving, fighting, consoles are fantastic. got no bias towards pcs. But first person shooters? cmon man

Because a vast majority of FPS games made these days are built for them, then ported for PC, making them pretty average all-round.

Playing FPS games on a console tends to infuriate me. Honestly the only way I can stand to play it is if it has autoaim (Metroid Prime).

PC games - better controls, but riddled with cheats and hacks, also dedicated servers and more mods
Console games - worse controls, but much fewer hacks. Easier voice comms usually.

Last edited:
i played CoD4 - and until NCAA 2010 came out, was still playign the online part of it.

I have FarCry, was given it by a friend, but haven't even opened it yet.

CoD4 rocks (better than WaW imo).

edit: the controls are fine, once you get used to them.

and ps3 controllers are shitty quality so you get sticky buttons after a couple of months ;/

Back