College Football 2019-2020

army navy probably the biggest rivalry of all time bc it extends so far outside of football + whatever local region

if we're talking strictly within the bounds of football its without a doubt ohio st michigan for biggest rivalry of all time but if we talk rivalries of the 21st century i wouldnt even list it in the top 10 bc michigan cant put together a team worth worrying about

scar clemson also not a rivalry at all

ou texas hasnt been a rivalry since vince young left bc texas hasnt mattered since then

penn st vs law enforcement easily the biggest rivalry of the 21st century

since colt mccoy left in 09 actually
and honestly not even
we're like 5-4 this decade to OU
even when texas is shit we sometimes beat OU and fuck their life up this decade

owned

uhh no texas wasnt even relevant when colt mcboy was there

vince young definitely last player to lead texas 2 any sort of relevance

no 1 else cares

don't kill me but i wouldn't put mich/osu at #1. growing up in the PNW and living in both the west coast and the south, it isn't supremely talked about or seen as this massive GOAT rivalry. it's a regional rivalry. epic and fun, but regional. and extremely one-sided.

army/navy for sure is #1

ND/USC is traditional #1, it isn't regional + most all-americans + most heismans + most combined natties

we went to the BCS game and lost to bama in 09 after colt got injured on the first drive of the game

Do I need to start a poll of best rivalry of cfb?

army/navy
michigan/osu
usc/nd
texas/ou
auburn/bama

others?

army navy
osu mich
sec vs every other conference for fucks sake im tired of the fucking sec

i'm tired of ppl doing the ~rooting for a conference~ thing

it's even tackier than being part of the legions of never-attended-any-university-let-alone-the-one-for-which-they-root superfans deploying lots of "we" and "our" in internet arguments about the teams they root for/against

RIP, Bowden was the GOAT coach of my childhood and FSU was the epitome of swag/cool during the 90s and early 2000s. Amazing how CFB really comes down to coaching above all else combined. Any tier 1-3 team is really just one coach away.

I had surgery today and am high on hydrocodone so forgive my ignorance but how did FSU win the natty in '93 over ND, an ND team that won the head to head? Looking at both team's metrics, it should have been a split title imo

Back