[Coinstar] Anyone loose or damage a receipt and somehow got money back?

my brother took all his change to chase bank from tips and all that crap and they told him they had to send it to austin because they didnt have a coin counter to deposit it into his bank account. The idiot believed him i was cracking the fuck up. Seriously though its hard being broke man no one helps you the fuck out when you try to cash in ur pennies.

i like how my small time bank has a coin counting machine, but the shitdick mega banks (who could buy my bank with their lunch money) can only afford to have coins counted by some enslaved sri lankans locked up in a warehouse in texas

i always use my CC even if its like a buck

if a place is cash only i just include the change in the tip

cant remember the last time i had change in my pocket

I used to bank with a company that had a coin counter. They aren't in Texas, so I had to pick a new one. I fucking hate BoA and told them to stick it up their ass earlier this year. I now bank with Wells Fargo and aside from them giving me shit when I lost my fucking wallet, they've been pretty decent. I usually spend my change before it comes to a point where I need to count it/have it counted though.

I tend to disregard all change less than a quarter, or over here in Europe, 10/20 cents

just gets shoved somewhere and ends up lost and never used

probably accounts for a net loos of a small percentage of my money in general but who gives a shit, change is retarded

meh, i toss pennies (soon to be extinct here) but most change I throw in a tub. usually cash out $300 a year or so. only that high because our $1 and $2 are coins.

I tend to disregard all change less than a quarter, or over here in Europe, 10/20 cents

just gets shoved somewhere and ends up lost and never used

probably accounts for a net loos of a small percentage of my money in general but who gives a shit, change is retarded

I'm the same, when i was 15 or 16 i decided that all small change was 'jewish money' and not worth bothering with

i only use debit card so i dont have to deal with change
if i get change i just throw it in the parking lot when im walking to my car

fuk coins

I cash several hundreds of dollars in change a year since I usually spend cash daily and accumulate change. It all adds up. I've also never once considered using coin star or any sort of coin counting service, especially since change rolls are FREE from any bank and anyone can roll that amount of change in an hour or two. I usually roll change three or four times a year, normally when I'm home from work early or have some free time and nothing better to do, or I'm bored. There is something very satisfying about rolling large amounts of change, not paying 10% out, and knowing exactly what your bank owes you.

this is part of the reason i rarely carry cash

i did use coinstar once, to get rid of a giant carboy filled with pennies my parents had kept for a couple decades

turned out to be like $89 after returning it

so about $4 per year of penny collecting

well worth it i say

1. Coinstar :rofl:
2. You really expected them to do anything about a lost receipt.
3. For 2 hours!
4. If your shitty bank doesn't accept coins, just spend them.

Back