[Coinstar] Anyone loose or damage a receipt and somehow got money back?

Raze1

Veteran X
I went to a store with coinstar, and within 10 mins my voiucher must have fell out of my pocket. I went immediately to a manager, waited 2 hours and no one found it and no customers called for a coinstar overide. Coinstar keeps 9.8 cents to the dollar and at midnight the store will keep the rest.

I called coinstar on the spot and they don't have a "stop check" like ability, or an ability to reprint a check or to a local store server or email a store manager or nothing.

So...let me get this straight, and never mind lost or forgotten receipts, if I deposit $1,000 in coins and the receipt tears or the printer runs out of paper, the store will not accept my incomplete/damaged voucher and I loose everything all because in the year 2012, coinstar has no way to reprint a receipt...

:boohoo: Well that sucks.

Yes. Wells fargo i think is one. But fuck banks, lines, and store hours that are incompatible with my life. I have BoA and they don't have a coinstar-like machine.

so its 8pm EST now. you waited 2 hours, made a thread etc. so you did this during bank hours and paid 9.8% on money you already had. gj lazy now yo uget nothing

i like coinstar v convenient

i would write a physical letter about ur dissatisfaction and send it to coinstar

Coinstar is owned by the same as Redbox, and soon enough you will see Starbucks/Seattle'sBest vending machines. Do you think customer services is their focus?

:boohoo: Well that sucks.

Coinstar has no way to verify that you
A. Lost your receipt
B. Damaged your receipt
C. Didn't take the receipt home and pocket it then claim A or B happened and will bring in or send in your sister with the "lost" receipt tomorrow to end up with 2x what you were owed.

Also the machine isn't connected to the retailers computers FYI, that's why there's a general lack of sympathy when you lose your shit. The Retailer only collects their "share" when they can mail off the receipts to Coinstar, that's also the reason why you don't get the receipt back after they cash it out to you.

You should have pinned it to the front of your shirt like a downey child with a note for teacher, because obviously walking from a coinstar to a register was too complicated for you.

Or maybe you were busy buying tasty treats?

412M5N3NHJL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
BoA wants loose change that they seal in a bag and send out
it takes 2-3 business days to get to your account and they do NOT want it counted or rolled

and you keep your 10%

faggot

Back