sg

Veteran X
Morelli is the real deal.
Quinn a viable hiesman candidate.
PSU linebacking core.
A faster Notre Dame defense.

All the makings of a great game.

Let's Go State.

I have a feeling Notre Dame will win this game, you can't judge much by their first game. They made it through that first game and most likely will work out a lot of the things they did wrong. Then again I think Notre Dame will lose a game or two down the road, just not this weekend.

I have a feeling Notre Dame will win this game, you can't judge much by their first game. They made it through that first game and most likely will work out a lot of the things they did wrong. Then again I think Notre Dame will lose a game or two down the road, just not this weekend.

I think you are right. This seems like a game everyone is picking them to lose, so they will go out and win just to piss us all off.

I think you are right. This seems like a game everyone is picking them to lose, so they will go out and win just to piss us all off.

Either way, I think we're in for a fantastic game. It's a great matchup. PSU has probably the best linebacking corps in the nation, with Dan Connor already chalking up one Big Ten Defensive player of the week award. It wouldn't be too hard to believe that each of PSU's linebackers could take one of those home by the end of the season. They are very quick. Should limit the side-to-side speed of the running backs. PSU's defense is pretty sturdy, despite only returning 4 starters from last year. Speed makes up for a lot of mistakes, and PSU is fast.

On offense, what has me worried is the Lions becoming one dimensional. I think they have ONE guy from last year's squad on the front line, Levi Brown (a senior, so maybe a leader on the line). This won't be good for their running game. Tony Hunt benefitted tremendously from the good work of the O line last year, we'll see how it goes this year. Hunt has talent (I mean he's what 30ish yards from 2,000?) You don't get to that mark without being good.

All in all, I'm VERY excited to see this game. I really don't know much about ND's game, so someone feel free to fill me (us) in, please.

I love how people are ruling out people as heisman candidates after week 1. a ND qb no less, after a win.

those ruling out quinn as a heisman candidate are new to the concept of college football

i will be at this game

notre dame will win because their offense will never play that badly again and their defense has stepped it up this year, plus already having played a real team is an advantage for us in this case

charlie weis invented bacon the bacon cheese donut

I love how people are ruling out people as heisman candidates after week 1. a ND qb no less, after a win.

wouldn't you say Marshawn Lynch is ruled out of the Heisman race after week 1? He's not even on the BOARD anymore on ESPN.com.

Back