car totaled, have $12K to play with. GO!

Used Ford Focus sounds good. They didn't take the bail out money. Kia is North Korea. Insurance is 1k a year no matter what kind of car you have. More if you have tickets or accidents. We have a truck that's 10 years old and the insurance is still 1k a year. Scam. I talked to a bunch of people at work asking how much they pay, and it's very close to 1k a year per car.

Again, ask friends and co-workers if they're looking to upgrade. If one sells you their car for cash, they can write a low price on the title. Pay 9-10k for the car, have 2k left for tax, tag, repairs.

Used Ford Focus sounds good. They didn't take the bail out money. Kia is North Korea. Insurance is 1k a year no matter what kind of car you have. More if you have tickets or accidents. We have a truck that's 10 years old and the insurance is still 1k a year. Scam. I talked to a bunch of people at work asking how much they pay, and it's very close to 1k a year per car.

Again, ask friends and co-workers if they're looking to upgrade. If one sells you their car for cash, they can write a low price on the title. Pay 9-10k for the car, have 2k left for tax, tag, repairs.

I'm 24, drive an Audi and I only pay 700 a year for insurance. I have to assume people who are older can pay even less. NGFM facts != facts.

kia is south korea dummy
Yeah, Yeah, got them mixed up. They make LG washer/dryers, Galaxy phones, and a bunch of other electronics we use. They can thank us for becoming a super power in terms of their economy.

^^^ Depends on the car and driver. Progressive.
2001 Dodge Dakota (21 year old Ashley) = $788
2006 Dodge Charger (49 year old Robert) = $1,120
2007 Scion Tc (21 year old Ashley) = $688
2008 Scion XB (44 year old Laurie) = $910

So they're really hosing me and Laurie, don't know why the XB is that much more that a TC. If I call and complain they're going to say that's the rate and there's nothing I can do. Unless I take all my policies to AAA and threaten to leave.

Last edited:
Nothing happened. You can easily get a solid car for that, assuming you're not some hipster car guy.

People on a budget should be looking at small and practical, not an SUV. Buying an SUV when money is tight is really stupid.

by SUV i mean like a RAV4 or a CRV. I don't mean anything huge. and i realize that an SUV isn't going to have AS good of gas mileage as some tiny little car but space is a must.

you have accidents or something?

Nope, no accidents. Records are clean. Going to call them and complain.

Edit: I called. The price for each car is based on the car, not the person driving it. This is because everyone in the family can drive all the cars. They said the Charger is more of a sports car and the parts could cost more to replace. They told me I'm getting the most discounts possible. So the only way to get a lower rate is to shop around.

Last edited:
I save money on insurance by driving cars worth <2k and carrying liability only. Saves money on buying cars too.

Yeah, Yeah, got them mixed up. They make LG washer/dryers, Galaxy phones, and a bunch of other electronics we use. They can thank us for becoming a super power in terms of their economy.

^^^ Depends on the car and driver. Progressive.
2001 Dodge Dakota (21 year old Ashley) = $788
2006 Dodge Charger (49 year old Robert) = $1,120
2007 Scion Tc (21 year old Ashley) = $688
2008 Scion XB (44 year old Laurie) = $910

So they're really hosing me and Laurie, don't know why the XB is that much more that a TC. If I call and complain they're going to say that's the rate and there's nothing I can do. Unless I take all my policies to AAA and threaten to leave.

why does Ashley have 2 cars? I bet her boyfriend drives the truck and leeches off her $12/hour job

lol, I see more Honda's broken down on the side of the road then any other car brand.

The kicker is a brand new water pump is $12 versus my $500 water pump.

lol, I see more Honda's broken down on the side of the road then any other car brand.

The kicker is a brand new water pump is $12 versus my $500 water pump.

That's probably because they are one of the top sellers and they often accumulate many miles before being taken off the road. Hondas are extremely reliable, especially if you just narrow it down to the Civic and Accord.

Back