car totaled, have $12K to play with. GO!

you pay too much of a premium for japanese cars now
other car makers are on par with reliability now and you don't have to pay out the ass for them. hyundai has a great warranty and some of the new fords are looking pretty good.

You can get a used Outback or Baja for that price these days. Run forever, all weather driving, great for moving stuff, reasonable gas mileage, etc.

Yeah, except this thread is about buying a $12K used car. IE: 2006-2011. Hydundai's and Kia's only got very reliable in the last couple of years. I would stick to Honda, Nissan, or Toyota if he's just looking for a reliable daily driver in that range.

Get a Lexus GS :3

S33KGU7.jpg

"One of the fastest stopping cars money can buy" according to Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear.

Last edited:
A guy I work with drives a 370Z in the summer but for his winter car he bought a Kia Soul. I've ridden in it and it's actually not horrible. Yes, it's a Kia, but you're getting a low price vehicle with plenty of cargo room and 27 combined MPG. For your price point and needs, it's worth looking in to.

Yeah, Yeah, got them mixed up. They make LG washer/dryers, Galaxy phones, and a bunch of other electronics we use. They can thank us for becoming a super power in terms of their economy.

^^^ Depends on the car and driver. Progressive.
2001 Dodge Dakota (21 year old Ashley) = $788
2006 Dodge Charger (49 year old Robert) = $1,120
2007 Scion Tc (21 year old Ashley) = $688
2008 Scion XB (44 year old Laurie) = $910

So they're really hosing me and Laurie, don't know why the XB is that much more that a TC. If I call and complain they're going to say that's the rate and there's nothing I can do. Unless I take all my policies to AAA and threaten to leave.

uhh what

i pay like $550 for my 2013 S4 as a 27 year old male

how the shit is your insurance double mine as a 49 year old man in a 7 year old dodge charger

your wife's is pretty high too

does your entire family clip the mailbox on the way out and file a claim every week or something

by SUV i mean like a RAV4 or a CRV. I don't mean anything huge. and i realize that an SUV isn't going to have AS good of gas mileage as some tiny little car but space is a must.

I've got an 04 crv, not too shabby and good on gas

uhh what

i pay like $550 for my 2013 S4 as a 27 year old male

how the shit is your insurance double mine as a 49 year old man in a 7 year old dodge charger

your wife's is pretty high too

does your entire family clip the mailbox on the way out and file a claim every week or something

$550 for 6 months or for the year?

Not sure. It was in the movie [made for I think] Minority Report, and I think it was in The Island. Lexus 2054, that's all I know.

Scientology approved.

A guy I work with drives a 370Z in the summer but for his winter car he bought a Kia Soul. I've ridden in it and it's actually not horrible. Yes, it's a Kia, but you're getting a low price vehicle with plenty of cargo room and 27 combined MPG. For your price point and needs, it's worth looking in to.
i'd be a bit concerned about driving that thing in snow ... he ever have to drive in bad conditions with it?

uhh what
I don't know. Those are yearly rates. We live in South Florida, except for Ashley (Gainesville). Everyone has a clean record and I'm getting the most discounts. The detectible is $250 on each car, could increase that but it doesn't save much. So to compare my policy with everyone here would be TMI.

Back