California Sucks Change My Mind

My best friends Dad worked for Apple when it began, has a good story about Steve Jobs throwing a phone at his head in the early 90s because some glue failed and haulted operations. His mom worked for atari way back in the day and now does real estate in Chico, CA. They sold their house in Palo Alto for 3 million within seconds. Cash deal to a Chinese guy, he bulldozed it. Cool story.

Moral of the story is that she wasnt good at real estate then. killing it now tho

it's funny b/c boomers r gonna spend it all and reverse mortgage the house so the kids get nothing

gotta luv that boomer style :cool:

My best friends Dad worked for Apple when it began, has a good story about Steve Jobs throwing a phone at his head in the early 90s because some glue failed and haulted operations. His mom worked for atari way back in the day and now does real estate in Chico, CA. They sold their house in Palo Alto for 3 million within seconds. Cash deal to a Chinese guy, he bulldozed it. Cool story.

Moral of the story is that she wasnt good at real estate then. killing it now tho

we sold my grandmothers house on the 101/17 area for 1.2 mil... Bulldozed the house and rebuilt it.

There was a time when if someone asked me where I was from, I took pride in saying, "I'm Californian".

47% of building a new home goes to the government. Get rid of that and the insane gas prices and gun laws and we would be good.

Hey look, a Californian talking about how the state could "be good" without mentioning demographics.

if u take away that gubment money how would they pay to steal parking lots from people who can afford to live in apartments so that homeless ppl in cars can move in?

I'm fine with lane splitting being legal.

That said CA has a ton of traffic fatalities, and we have so many illegals there's a good chance that whoever hits you has no insurance. Local news has hit and runs all the time. It's a cornerstone of local news here.

Drunk driving is one of the few crimes that mexicans commit at a higher per-capita rate than blacks. CA is full of them of course.

I know someone who got a motorcycle and now all he does on social media is bitch about he almost gets killed. Getting the motorcycle has made him very unhappy.

I'm fine with lane splitting being legal.

That said CA has a ton of traffic fatalities, and we have so many illegals there's a good chance that whoever hits you has no insurance. Local news has hit and runs all the time. It's a cornerstone of local news here.

Drunk driving is one of the few crimes that mexicans commit at a higher per-capita rate than blacks. CA is full of them of course.

I know someone who got a motorcycle and now all he does on social media is bitch about he almost gets killed. Getting the motorcycle has made him very unhappy.

some people cant handle being on a bike its ok. My cousin has been on a bike since he was 15 and he is in his 30's and is just fine. Saying that, people rage hard when they are going 5 mph and a bike going 30 passes them lane splitting lol. people purposely try to narrow the gap so ppl cant get past

never been anywhere with hotter chicks than cali

lots of things suck, but the country is big and ppl can move

i hear vermont/maine/new hampshire are like 95% white ppl if that's ur thing

the frozen chosen of ben and jerrys type fame have corrupted most of them into fallhawks and humdumpin types

maybe it being like Minnesota the new Mogadishu will change their mind

hear and see great things about Portland Maine now.......:lol:

but nahhhhhhhhh I'm good

not a big fan of east coast people

they dress better and tend to be smarter than cali folks but it has always felt too far away to call home

I can barely handle forced visitation with distant family on the East Coast every other year

Last edited:
I know what it is......I don't like seasons

Cali has one season and it is awesome

and for that reason we attract people who can't help but live outside all the time and bum off of others to survive

like mosquito it requires a good first freeze to drive them away.......

guess I better learn to enjoy the rain or move to the top of a mountain (in real life I did a large amount of both and they still keep coming in droves)

Back