[Breaking] PvE --> PvP Transfers

If you know your class, it takes maybe 2 hours of reading class forums on PVP and youre up to snuff on what button to click and when. Wow has always been a game based on how much time you invested (gear, gems, enchants), not skill.

ganking doesn't make someone better at pvp

and that's the only thing different about a pvp server and pve

I don't know why I'm even arguing this. I quit the game for a better pvp game.

lol

Fal...Seriously, just take a step back and look at what I'm saying.

1. WoW had two main forms of servers (excluding RP versions). PvP and PvE

2. People who wanted to PvP all rolled on PvP servers. People that DID NOT want to PvP, rolled on PvE servers.

3. BGs were introduced months after everyone made their choice.

4. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that people who rolled on PvP servers are better because THAT IS WHAT THEY ENJOY, and hence, why they chose it to begin with.

It has nothing to do with ganking.

Fal...Seriously, just take a step back and look at what I'm saying.

1. WoW had two main forms of servers (excluding RP versions). PvP and PvE

2. People who wanted to PvP all rolled on PvP servers. People that DID NOT want to PvP, rolled on PvE servers.

3. BGs were introduced months after everyone made their choice.

4. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that people who rolled on PvP servers are better because THAT IS WHAT THEY ENJOY, and hence, why they chose it to begin with.

It has nothing to do with ganking.
I rolled PVE because as im LEVELLING I dont want to be ganked a million times by someone 5 level s above me in STV, that would piss me off to the point I wouldnt be enjoying the game. However, once I hit 70, I PVP'd after I had cleared all the PVE content. Even before BG's it wasnt hard to find flagged horde who wanted to party...

If you know your class, it takes maybe 2 hours of reading class forums on PVP and youre up to snuff on what button to click and when. Wow has always been a game based on how much time you invested (gear, gems, enchants), not skill.
This is one of the dumbest posts in the thread.

Tribes was all about knowing what the jump and jet buttons were, right?

Also, why aren't you #1 on your BG? Get to it!

lulz, so true. tho, i wonder what's up with all the teams that are only 1800-2000 rated and have terrible w/l records, but play the same setups as 2200-2400+ teams with good w/l records. i guess they didn't read enough threads on their class forum. hmm.

Basically everyone has the same gear, gems, and enchants. If not skill, then where exactly does the difference come in?

Oh, right, according to you the #1 rated team must have spent the full 2 hours reading class forums, whereas the #100 rated team must have only spent 1.5 hours reading class forums. My bad.

Edit: Granted, counter-comping and queue-dodging helps, but it's definitely not what you said.

Last edited:
You don't get ganked that much on pvp servers, I have 3 horde 70s and a 52 alt all leveled on pvp servers and tichon was one of them and I have been ganked about 10 times between all of those characters while leveling.

Which puts us at the same comment that people that really want to pvp and have the little fights with people around your level along the way will roll on a pvp server, people that don't want pvp to be part of their every day play experience will roll on pve servers level up and go in BGs and claim they know how to pvp because they can top the damage meters, while being a lock tossing around seed of corruption in AV.

I am horrible at pvp on all my characters, but I prefer the pvp servers, if you haven't been in a raid battling another raid on the isle you are missing out, you constantly change where the battle takes place, the numbers change all the time, people are laughing at anyone that gets smoked by the guards and of course some of us would be fighting to kill somebody before the guards finish us off.

For me it is about having more things to do, and if you ever played on a pvp and saw a 70 running around in STV killing people you will find that other 70s from the other faction show up asking if anybody is having problems and will hunt them down, I have been part of some big battles at the hunt camp, it was a great way to break up the questing.

Sorry some people are just plain bad. If gear was all that mattered, you'd never beat people with better gear. I've beaten plenty, and I don't consider myself a good PvPer. For instance my mage is fire spec and geared for PvE, and I was jumped while logging in at Karazhan by a PvP enhancement Shaman. Before I was even logged in, I was at 50% health, and I still killed him easily because he was a retard.

You don't get ganked that much on pvp servers, I have 3 horde 70s and a 52 alt all leveled on pvp servers and tichon was one of them and I have been ganked about 10 times between all of those characters while leveling.

I honestly can't believe that, unless you have a much more specific definition of ganking. It was particularly bad 2 - 3 months after TBC, because the first bulk of people got to 70 but there weren't enough 70s to do endgame. So that entire period of maybe 1 - 3 months was spent ruthlessly ganking people outside Thrallmar/Honor Hold. That was when I moved my 60 hunter off PvP to PvE, I couldn't set foot outside Thrallmar without being jumped by a rogue or druid or mage who swooped in on a flyer. I also predict Lich King will be much the same way.

It also depends on your class. A lot of people are more apt to leave Prot pallies alone because they aren't worth it. That is unless you were a shadowpriest, they seemed to have a hardon for you then. Most people will always take a shot at rogues, because if you take your eyes off them it's a fair bet they'll end up humping you while you are dealing with a mob. Later on people loved to kill pre-40 hunters, leather armor made them more squishy and they didn't all all their Iwin shots or Big Red.

But even on a low pop server (like Onyxia) I was ganked at least 3 - 4 times even before I hit 35, and given that three 70s and a 52 and 10 gankings across all of them seems very unlikely. Unless you were playing like 4am to 9am server time when there is no one around.

Ok, I guess that is one excuse that still works.

If you have the money and want just use the recruit a friend thing and dual box 2 toons, I know people that took just over a week to hit 60 playing very casual.

This is one of the dumbest posts in the thread.

Tribes was all about knowing what the jump and jet buttons were, right?

Also, why aren't you #1 on your BG? Get to it!

No, tribes was all about twitch + mods + putting your time in. Nice try tho.

If we are talking Arena its a totally different kettle of fish. Theres now a dynamic based on class teamed with, # of people played with, opposing team composition. All things that have fuck all to do with what server you're on.

Sorry some people are just plain bad. If gear was all that mattered, you'd never beat people with better gear. I've beaten plenty, and I don't consider myself a good PvPer. For instance my mage is fire spec and geared for PvE, and I was jumped while logging in at Karazhan by a PvP enhancement Shaman. Before I was even logged in, I was at 50% health, and I still killed him easily because he was a retard.
Gear isnt all that matters but lets look at it realistically. If I am a fire mage and you are a fire mage, but Im in T5 and youre in greens/blues, then I have a huge advantage over you. Does it make me invincible and immune to mistakes? Of course not. My point was, is that of all the player vs player games I have ever played, Wow takes the least amount of SKILL. Its not like theres thousands of combinations to decide from...

No, tribes was all about twitch + mods + putting your time in. Nice try tho.

If we are talking Arena its a totally different kettle of fish. Theres now a dynamic based on class teamed with, # of people played with, opposing team composition. All things that have fuck all to do with what server you're on.

So pick the best comp. and hit #1. Get to it, you read the forums!

(Hint: You're an idiot.)

Back