[Breaking] PvE --> PvP Transfers

I don't even care about the world pvp or anything, it's all about the quality of pvpers for arena. Pve servers = very few good pvpers compared to a pvp server.

And what do you base that on? Aren't arena matches done by BG, where there's a mix of PvP and Normal realms?

And what do you base that on? Aren't arena matches done by BG, where there's a mix of PvP and Normal realms?

Because it is based on the premise that there would be absolutely no PvP on PvE servers during the launch of WoW. Those people made an active decision to choose PvE over PvP as BGs weren't released to begin with. There's actively a larger and better population of PvPers (original players) on PvP realms simply because it was the only available PvP at launch and until now, there were no transfers available.

Because it is based on the premise that there would be absolutely no PvP on PvE servers during the launch of WoW. Those people made an active decision to choose PvE over PvP as BGs weren't released to begin with. There's actively a larger and better population of PvPers (original players) on PvP realms simply because it was the only available PvP at launch and until now, there were no transfers available.

But my point is now with the BGs both Normal/RP realms compete with the same people with PvP/RP-PvP on their respective BGs. So how can you say the PvEers know nothing about PvP? Are you keeping tabs on which teams you play in arena and note their server origin and simply finding a pattern where PvE teams suck more than PvP teams?

Or did they add in some "same server only" criteria into choosing matching arena teams I'm not aware of?

But my point is now with the BGs both Normal/RP realms compete with the same people with PvP/RP-PvP on their respective BGs. So how can you say the PvEers know nothing about PvP? Are you keeping tabs on which teams you play in arena and note their server origin and simply finding a pattern where PvE teams suck more than PvP teams?

Or did they add in some "same server only" criteria into choosing matching arena teams I'm not aware of?
Jesus fuck you're dumb.

People that like to PvP a lot most likely rolled on PvP servers.

The best way to get better at a skill is to practice.

2 + 2 = 4.

Jesus fuck you're dumb.

People that like to PvP a lot most likely rolled on PvP servers.

The best way to get better at a skill is to practice.

2 + 2 = 4.

Yeah and once again my point is a lot of PvEers like to do BGs/arena and have already learned PvP strats/tactics. You could go into arena and get housed by a Normal team just as likely as you are to fight PvP teams who don't know anything. And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't YOU in a Normal realm Pessi? Are you implying you know nothing about PvP because you rolled Normal?

I hate to agree with feannag but he's right

if we were talking about WoW just after launch you guys would have a case, but not now when people move around etc. Open pvp in WoW sucks balls so many people roll on pve and just to bg's/arena

also anyone who thinks bg9 is better is a moron

I hate to agree with feannag but he's right

if we were talking about WoW just after launch you guys would have a case, but not now when people move around etc. Open pvp in WoW sucks balls so many people roll on pve and just to bg's/arena

also anyone who thinks bg9 is better is a moron

You and he are now both wrong.

If you're making the claim that newer players who understand battlegrounds and arenas are available on PvE servers choose to roll on PvE servers, it still doesn't discount the fact that the original player base (which is quite large) still chose to roll on PvP servers. Those that did not want any PvP chose to roll on PvE servers, with no option to ever transfer.

On top of this, it is pretty common (but unproven) knowledge that those who are on PvP servers often make fun of those that aren't, which means they won't xfer off. The only tangible proof of that is also the selling price of characters, which are higher due to the fact that it's on a PvP server.

Unless you're saying those that originally started playing WoW have quit and a whole new generation of people that understands there is PvP in BGs and arenas available on PvE servers, there's no possible way there's more quality PvP'ers on a PvE server.

edit: and your comment regarding bg9, what does that even mean? How do you quantify better? More good teams? The best team existing in it? What?

BG9 has the largest group of solid PvPers of any BG, at least in the US. Not sure about Euro/Asia.

Last edited:
Yeah and once again my point is a lot of PvEers like to do BGs/arena and have already learned PvP strats/tactics. You could go into arena and get housed by a Normal team just as likely as you are to fight PvP teams who don't know anything. And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't YOU in a Normal realm Pessi? Are you implying you know nothing about PvP because you rolled Normal?

No, he's implying that there's MORE (quantity) of QUALITY PvPers on PvP servers than there are on PvE servers.

How is this point even debateable?

For 10 GOOD arena teams on a normal server, there's probably 200 on Tichondrius as an example.

My server... or particularly, my guild, is one of the very, very few exceptions.

Just look at the arena ladders and count the top 20 by server type. It's not rocket science.

BGs aren't full of good pvpers, they are full of people farming honor gear on alts, or are in lfg and killing time in bgs or groups of people messing around screwing with the other faction with little concern about the honor they get or even if their side wins.

I think the issue is...

1. BG9 no longer exists. They have all be put into different BGs as more and more realms have come online.

*2. There is no way you can prove your BG9 Superiority unless you only fight other BG9 realms, and that's not too probable given there's most likely not more than 2 or 3 in a BG (if that).

3. You segregate your arena matchs and BGs to only PvP servers in your group. That would cut your potential opponents by around 50% or so give or take and given the matching/queueing system it would be very improbable unless you did premade vs. premade and coordinate it.

But it doesn't matter I suppose. You will continue to maintain the narrow-minded mentality that PvP is superior and your broken-up BG9 always will be the cream of the crop. It's gotten SO bad it seems other forums are maintaining such an unfounded elitism possibly into WAR.

Honestly what IS it like to be you? What does it feel like to have such an impregnable and stalwart sense of superiority to the point not even logic or rational can move it? I'm sure that has to be something special, like so believing you are Superman you would willingly jump off the building with the resolute conviction you can fly.

Dude, seriously, why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

I'm not even in BG9.

Again, you fail to quantify what you mean by "QUALITY" of the Battlegroup. To me, a good battlegrounp has many many good teams, which is evident in BG9. It doesn't mean other battlegroups don't have good teams. It just means more exists in BG9. It's not narrowminded, and how is it bragging?

It is common knowledge that people xfer to BG9 so they have MORE groups to compete against. The best team may be in another BG for all I'm concerned.

What could I possibly be bragging about BG9 for? I'm not in BG9.

It's your lack of logic or rationale that keeps us posting. Do you seriously not comprehend your opinions? Do you intensively and purposefully take the opposition just to have something to argue about? I mean, seriously? There's just as many PvPers and quality of PvPers on a PvE server than there are on PvP servers? This is your opinion and you refuse to believe otherwise?

You guys are fucked if you think that learning to pvp is some science that only could be understood by someone who rolled on a pvp server. This is WOW.

You guys are fucked if you think that learning to pvp is some science that only could be understood by someone who rolled on a pvp server. This is WOW.

Gaming is meant to be a pleasure. People tend to do things they like BETTER than things they don't like. People also tend to spend more time doing things they like rather than things they don't like.

Difficulty isn't in question. The worlds best pong player is still better at pong than you, regardless of how easy the game is.

Unless you're saying those that originally started playing WoW have quit and a whole new generation of people that understands there is PvP in BGs and arenas available on PvE servers, there's no possible way there's more quality PvP'ers on a PvE server.

first off, fuck you all for making me agree with feannag. I feel dirty as hell.

Anyhow I'm not saying that PVE people are better at pvp than those on the pvp servers. I'm just saying you can't assume that all people on pve servers are inferior at pvp (WoW pvp that is) than those on the pvp servers.

Gaming is meant to be a pleasure. People tend to do things they like BETTER than things they don't like. People also tend to spend more time doing things they like rather than things they don't like.

Difficulty isn't in question. The worlds best pong player is still better at pong than you, regardless of how easy the game is.

ganking doesn't make someone better at pvp

and that's the only thing different about a pvp server and pve

I don't know why I'm even arguing this. I quit the game for a better pvp game.

lol

first off, fuck you all for making me agree with feannag. I feel dirty as hell.

Anyhow I'm not saying that PVE people are better at pvp than those on the pvp servers. I'm just saying you can't assume that all people on pve servers are inferior at pvp (WoW pvp that is) than those on the pvp servers.

I have stressed in 3 different posts now that a PvP server just has MORE (AS IN NUMBER, AS IN AMOUNT, QUANTITY) good teams than a PvE server. I have also said that the best PvP team, the highest rated, doesn't necessarily have to be in BG9 or on a PvP server. It's just more PROBABLE that they are. And a heavily PvP oriented battlegroups will have more quality teams just based on the sheer numbers of PvPers alone. This is not a difficult concept.

Back