Borderlands

rapher, did you guys get the name Roland from stephen king's Dark Tower? just wondering as the two worlds definitely share similarities

Tell you what –

I’ll be playing Borderlands on the 360 myself. As such, I’ll extend a little promotion we did to TW.

That is, if you provide me with proof that you reserved the game, I’ll play with you around release to drop some sweet loot and unlock the “And They'll Tell Two Friends” achievement for you.

So, take a picture of your receipt (include the date/time), and PM that along with your XBL Gamertag to me.

Again, this is open to all of TW. Also, understand that these things sometimes blow out of proportion, so I’ll continue accepting these until it becomes overwhelming. If there is an absurd number of new members as a result of this, I may not be able to get to everyone. We will just have to see how it goes!

cool. was planning on getting this, I'll go ahead and reserve it.

now i feel like a whore.

Tell you what –

I’ll be playing Borderlands on the 360 myself. As such, I’ll extend a little promotion we did to TW.

That is, if you provide me with proof that you reserved the game, I’ll play with you around release to drop some sweet loot and unlock the “And They'll Tell Two Friends” achievement for you.

So, take a picture of your receipt (include the date/time), and PM that along with your XBL Gamertag to me.

Again, this is open to all of TW. Also, understand that these things sometimes blow out of proportion, so I’ll continue accepting these until it becomes overwhelming. If there is an absurd number of new members as a result of this, I may not be able to get to everyone. We will just have to see how it goes!

What about us PC whores? :)

I has a question about gamespy. How is steam and steam friends lists going to work with GS?

Did you guys just license the server browser or are you going to require us to register for gamespy?

PS gamespy is fucking lame

I'll take gamespy over Games for Windows LIVE any day, it would have been cool to have Steamworks integrated into the game but then you would piss of people who don't like Steam lol.

anyways, this was posted up on the official forums.

You need a GameSpy account to play online multiplayer with your friends, but you can play LAN/singleplayer without an account. You can create an account right within the game in seconds and it even allows you to communicate with people logged into GameSpy in other games as well as sending game invites to your friends.

It's 4 player co-op though, there won't be any dedicated servers (he who has the biggest upload bandwidth gets to be the host). As long as you can maintain a list of friends and invite/join their game hopefully it'll all work just fine, at least they have join-in-progress so you don't have to lobby and ready-up before playing.

Im not really interested in this game. Its a neat experiment but I have a feeling it wont do well. I see it getting very repetitive very fast.

son_i_am_disappoint.gif

You know, I hate to say it but if I knew this was going to involve Gamespy, I prolly would not have bought it. I have not had great past experiences with Gamespy. Guess I should have read more but the damn game footage looked too kewl. Someone better have changed Gamespy over the years or this will just be another game collecting dust on my shelf. I've grown to love Steam and thought this would naturally be played over it because it is being offered there. Guess we will have to see how it goes. The game looks neat. Gamespy though...not sure bout that.

Back