Books

Just finished 'The Stranger' by Harlan Coben.

Reading The Bach Manuscript by Scott Mariani now.

Fighting for the French Foreign Legion By Alex Lochie

I don't usually read the Legion books as a lot of them are full of shit. I served with this guy albeit in a different company but our paths crossed fairly regularly. I'm also mentioned in book.

i have been trying to finish brothers karamazov for months now

i have like 100 pages left

i don't even like it

def top or near top of my list for the past year

also at the top of that list are my absolute darling - gabriel tallent. wind up girl - Paolo Bacigalupi. last good kiss from james crumley was mind blowing

started up on mike tyson autobiography and the bayou trilogy. recently finished/enjoyed six wakes, fresh off the boat, and the snow child

Last edited:
Just picked up Starship Troopers for $4. Gonna give that a go after I finish re-reading Dune.

I also picked up several books to add to my 'to read' pile:

Conclave by Robert Harris

Dominus by Tom Fox

the Outsider by Stephen King

Anyone still read them?

If so, what's the last one you read?

I'm old fashioned, I still like book books.

I'm currently reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's a muse on the idea that Vlad Tepes is still alive.

You're not going to make many friends here, talking about reading.

I'm currently reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's a muse on the idea that Vlad Tepes is still alive.

You're not going to make many friends here, talking about reading.

That's kind of why I asked... it's a reading-based medium, so I couldn't help but wonder if people actually read books 'round these parts

I read a bunch because it's fun. Picked these up from sale at local library today. Seriously considering going back for more to add to my book collection.

e3d4d5f5aef96c87c50e514a648759a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Currently working my way through Alastair Reynolds' Revelation Space series again.

I switched to mostly e-reading a decade ago on a Blackberry, then on phablets (Dell Streak 5, Note II, Note 4, currently S9+).

I'm reading James Clavell's Asian Saga right now. Two thirds of the way through in chronological order, not release order. I'm enjoying them very much.

Currently working my way through Alastair Reynolds' Revelation Space series again.

I switched to mostly e-reading a decade ago on a Blackberry, then on phablets (Dell Streak 5, Note II, Note 4, currently S9+).
FOr the past 10 years or so, 99% of the books I read are on my phone. This past year I have been reading on my Amazon Fire reader or tablet thing. Still, I prefer my phones.

There are some things I miss about books though: When I read on my readers, I never see the title of the book or the author so many times, I forget the name of the book I am reading or who wrote it. And then there is the smell. For some reason, I miss the smell from a book, especially all the old books and... that's about it. E-reading is far superior in every way.

Now that I have been learning how to play the piano, most of my 'reading' is coming from Audible. lol. Just started the Witcher series. I need something other than reality to read, especially after reading the Culture of Critique. That book made my blood boil.

Back