Black Lives Matter

why do you think that event wasn't taught to you during your american history classses?

Probably because high school history classes leave out the gory stuff as its a bit much for most high school kids.

We werent taught about lynchings either, we weren't taught about the Mississippi burning, firebombing of freedom riders, or really even the JFK assassination but those occurrences still made the news.

I remember being taught that the KKK was bad. I liked the costumes, though. Looked pretty bad ass to a kid. Like a mean ghost. We were also taught that Lincoln was a great man. Primarily for freeing the slaves. We were taught that Nazis were bad and that America was great. So is God. They never said which God.

We were taught about the civil war and what it was about. We were never taught that the South was "bad" but that slavery is bad. Kids are smart enough to figure the rest out in their own heads.

I watched the Nixon impeachment in class.
Rocket launches.
We were taught not to pollute.
We were taught to prevent forest fires.
We were taught about women's liberation. The boys thought it was great to see women burning bras. We were taught to respect women. Never to hit women.

We were taught about animals and how awesome they are. We were taught about extinction of species. We were taught about both evolution and also about the different religions and what the basic beliefs are.

We learned about terrorism.

We learned about machine shop, auto shop, wood shop. We learned photography. Math, physics, geometry. Writing, English, spelling, grammar. Computer programming. Typing. Accounting. Home economics. Farming/Ag. The list goes on. Not to mention football/baseball/basketball/volleyball/wrestling/track etc

I am talking education in the 60s/70/80s

People make fun of the US education system. It was superb. It only headed downhill as budgets were cut, discipline was removed, classes were overcrowded, teacher pay was slashed and the leftist agenda crept in.

Wherever there is a ghetto - you will find the left.

Last edited:

People make fun of the US education system. It was superb. It only headed downhill as budgets were cut and the leftist agenda crept in.

This is true. We learned all kinds of useful things in school. Things that could be transferred into jobs.

We also learned stuff like photography, woodworking, metalworking, how to use tools, basic office skills. My high school typing classes served me better than pretty much anything else i learned. That got me in the door at many jobs when i was first starting out, paid the bills, put food on the table.
When we graduated high school, if we didn't want to go to college, we had the skills for entry level jobs in most offices/jobsites/mills.

Also, what the fuck is this "warning shot" bullshit that is creeping into the rhetoric? There is no such thing as a "warning shot". :lol:

Also, what the fuck is this "warning shot" bullshit that is creeping into the rhetoric? There is no such thing as a "warning shot". :lol:
there seems to be a universal, absolute truth that those that speak most about firearms also know the least about them.

As if “shoot them in the leg” wasn’t obvious enough...

Shooting in a leg is even more absurd.

Keep the gun put away. If your life is in danger - perhaps someone else - take the gun out and start shooting at critical areas until the behavior ceases.

Also, remember that dead people don't sue. It's just a byproduct of doing the first part correctly.

I remember being taught that the KKK was bad. I liked the costumes, though. Looked pretty bad ass to a kid. Like a mean ghost. We were also taught that Lincoln was a great man. Primarily for freeing the slaves. We were taught that Nazis were bad and that America was great. So is God. They never said which God.

We were taught about the civil war and what it was about. We were never taught that the South was "bad" but that slavery is bad. Kids are smart enough to figure the rest out in their own heads.

I watched the Nixon impeachment in class.
Rocket launches.
We were taught not to pollute.
We were taught to prevent forest fires.
We were taught about women's liberation. The boys thought it was great to see women burning bras. We were taught to respect women. Never to hit women.

We were taught about animals and how awesome they are. We were taught about extinction of species. We were taught about both evolution and also about the different religions and what the basic beliefs are.

We learned about terrorism.

We learned about machine shop, auto shop, wood shop. We learned photography. Math, physics, geometry. Writing, English, spelling, grammar. Computer programming. Typing. Accounting. Home economics. Farming/Ag. The list goes on. Not to mention football/baseball/basketball/volleyball/wrestling/track etc

People make fun of the US education system. It was superb. It only headed downhill as budgets were cut, discipline was removed, classes were overcrowded, teacher pay was slashed and the leftist agenda crept in.

Wherever there is a ghetto - you will find the left.

So you want to increase the budget for education. lol

Joop

Plz tell me more boomer that doesn't seem to fit your other ideology

What a load of shite. Compare the math skills of Americans educated in those decades, with the math skills of Europeans and Asians of similar age. 70's was the beginning of the massive decline.

With common core and mastery learning, it's coming back, but slowly because the idiots educated in those decades are now the parents who think their kids have no problems. 70's and 80's were the absolute rock bottom for American education, and the statistics bear that out. If you have complaints about "these kids today," blame the morons that thought they had a good education in the 70's and 80's that we allowed to procreate.

What a load of shite. Compare the math skills of Americans educated in those decades, with the math skills of Europeans and Asians of similar age. 70's was the beginning of the massive decline.

With common core and mastery learning, it's coming back, but slowly because the idiots educated in those decades are now the parents who think their kids have no problems. 70's and 80's were the absolute rock bottom for American education, and the statistics bear that out. If you have complaints about "these kids today," blame the morons that thought they had a good education in the 70's and 80's that we allowed to procreate.

Nice rant. But the list I gave are items from my education in the 60s/70s/80s.
And that's no shit. Rant on.

Back