Best Gaming monitors 2017

Atreides

Veteran XV

Display port 1.4
4K native
144Hz & 4ms response time
G-Sync & HDR
Quantum Dot Technology
...And glare blockers to keep the light off your screen while you get your dick sucked.

This monitor is expected to be ~$2,000 USD and considering it's 4K native, you'll probably need SLI 1080s to get any decent frame rate. good luck.

Crysis 3 @ 8K res on 2 Titan Xp.

a 4K monitor might be only a gpu generation away from being standard.

i'll wait until it's in 40"+ form. once you've used a 40 inch 4k monitor, you'll never go back

nice. someone needed to make this. price is obv insane but it encourages other competitors too and prices will slowly drop

Last edited:
It takes 38Gb/s for 4k/120hz/4:4:4/10bit.

DP 1.4 only does 32Gb/s.

HDMI 2.1 does 48GB/s but that's not available yet (and G-Sync doesn't support HDMI). TVs and monitors with 2.1 won't start appearing until next year (and G-Sync still likely won't support HDMI so you're stuck waiting until another DP revision happens if G-Sync is a must-have for you).

So all these "high refresh rate" gaming monitors are either going to be running @ 4k/60hz/4:4:4/10bit (what you'd use for videos) or @ 4k/120hz/4:2:0/8bit (what you'd use for games). The only way they can do anything else (like 144hz) is with stream compression. Meaning you have to choose refresh rate or color for now.

So while it's technically not false advertising to say this displays most of the DCI-P3 color space, is 4k, and has high refresh rate; Just keep in mind that it can't do all of it at once. :weird:

Last edited:
well no GPU is going to crank out games @ 4K 120+fps anyway (not without setting the graphic detail to "potato" setting). I think anyone who buys that monitor at launch would be lucky to have 40-50 fps on medium-high.

The last few years (and the next few to come) have been pretty shitty due to hardware leaping faster than any standard can cement itself.

QodTXp6.jpg

QodTXp6.jpg

QodTXp6.jpg

QodTXp6.jpg

In my opinion as I always say in these threads, unless u have a huge desk don't get over 24 inches. If ur getting a monitor explicitly for gaming any larger than 24 and u need a massive desk to make sure you don't have to move your head to see the entire screen

I think the sweet spot for gaming (with a powerful system) is 1440p/144.. that's more than doable on a 1080, still looks amazing.

so can you set it to 4k/120hz/4:4:4/10bit ?

will it allow it? if it does, what happens when it goes over the bandwidth of the cable? does it crash, or does it just slow down the framerate (which would be ideal)?

I'm waiting for Samsungs new line to come out later in the year and will probably get one of those. I'm looking for a 144hz 1440p

I had to mute the sound..holy fuck was that voice annoying

Also I got a benq 35" ultrawide curved that does 144mhz

400.00 amazon certified refurb

I have an LG ultrawide that I like a lot but some games don't like the high res. A cool thing though is that you can split the screen as if having multiple monitors

Ive been trying to decide which monitor to buy. I want either a 40" curved 4k tv or an ultrawide monitor. I just think I'd hate the TV as a monitor thing but Ive read alot about how you can get the right ones and its fine.

Back