Austin PPL: Restaurant reccomendations

Thanks guys for all of the replies. I'm in the SW part of Austin, over at the barton creek area. A little bit out of downtown area, but love it so far. Seems like a great part of town. I don't mind if the restaurants are a good ways away, being new we're loving just getting out and driving all over and exploring the city.

This helps a lot though, gives us a lot to get started trying out! :) Should definitely do a TW gathering some time and grab some beers.

any of you bastards in austin going to ACL? I may have 2 spare 3-day passes I need to get rid off. Would rather give them to a teedubber than try to sell them etc.

bjork
white stripes
killers
muse
queens of the stone age
lcd soundsystem
bela fleck

kind of a combined list between me and the gf... I don't like the amount of conflicting acts this year

Hey, just moved here to Austin, looking to get some ideas on restaurants to go to. Any type of food is good. Thanks!

Chuy's - TexMex
P.F. Changs - Asian
Freebirds - Artery clogging burritos
Stubbs or Ironworks - Pretty good barbecue

any of you bastards in austin going to ACL? I may have 2 spare 3-day passes I need to get rid off. Would rather give them to a teedubber than try to sell them etc.

How much are you going to sell them for on here? I went last year and wanted to go this year, but couldn't really afford it.

when we were in austin i really liked the hula hut (the wait blows...even on a thursday but it was fun)

dona emilia (south american) was good, just dont get the ribeye

oh and try whataburger, its not bad for fast food at all

Can i get on the list for a ticket to ACL? PM me and i can let you know if i need it or not. Thanks :)

Also i was in mexico in june and i'm sad i missed the tw meet =/

Atomic, thats a good part of a town. I used to work down there. Theres some good but expensive mexican restaurant up near barton creek mall on 360 after mopac but i forget the name of it. You there with a wife?

And if you need homeowners insurance there's an agent off of 290 and Pack Saddle rd, statefarm (shameless plug lols)

Go to Huts and get a buffalo burger... awesome.

Salt Lick has good BBQ, Rudy's has the worst, but Rudy's has great breakfast tacos.

buffalo burgers do rock, but Rudy's bbq is excellent. Salt Lick however is better. Ironworks is the pit grill right?

Off of burnet? Cuz that place rocks for bbq too

I think its getting pointless now, pretty much anywhere he goes is going to be pretty good, we dont have lots of shitty restaurants just sitting around town here.

when we were in austin i really liked the hula hut (the wait blows...even on a thursday but it was fun)

dona emilia (south american) was good, just dont get the ribeye

oh and try whataburger, its not bad for fast food at all

the ribeye was the fuckin bomb

wait nevermind that was the wrong place

the steak at dona emilia that fool got was bad

but the ribeye at this other place that i got was awesome

Back