[360] Lawl, Blu-Ray external drive on the way.

That's fine, my PS3 is basically a glorified external bluray drive atm. If the HD-DVD drive had been an external Blu-Ray drive, I would not own a PS3.

is this just funny because they said it would never happen
Yes.

And it's just funny in general because they know they have to incorporate it in order to stay competitive. It's kind of ironic, use Sony designed tech/format, in order to compete against Sony ? :\

Yes.

And it's just funny in general because they know they have to incorporate it in order to stay competitive. It's kind of ironic, use Sony designed tech/format, in order to compete against Sony ? :\

I don't get it. Are games only coming out on Bluray or something?

If it is an addon accessory it is just an extra option. It is not needed and only offered as a convenience. I honestly do not get what you are saying.

i thought that sony was the one blocking microsoft from making a blu-ray drive for the 360

this is good for me, as i am more likely to pick up an xbox360 since i now have the possibility of using it as a blu ray player.

I don't get it. Are games only coming out on Bluray or something?

If it is an addon accessory it is just an extra option. It is not needed and only offered as a convenience. I honestly do not get what you are saying.
The 360 is 100% inferior when it comes to being a media player. One of the things they're trying to do to remedy that is to incorporate a Blu-Ray add-on.

How much clearer can this be made?

The 360 is 100% inferior when it comes to being a media player. One of the things they're trying to do to remedy that is to incorporate a Blu-Ray add-on.

How much clearer can this be made?

If that was Microsoft's aim they would allow it to play more codecs. I still don't see the point. Its a Blueray player that has to be played through the Xbox. Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a standalone Blueray player?

The idea is that you pay like 100$ or so for an add-on drive that sits next to it rather than whatever a bluray player costs now. Games would not be bluray.

Back