The Friends Reunion thread

What's your opinion of the Friends reunion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah mitch what are some of the reasons you’d put friends as best sitcom?

Was it the brilliant writing?
Was it the amazing performances and characters?
Or was it nips and haircuts im not entirely sure what you see here?

Friends was a very popular show. Ive seen every episode. Friends was far from a great show. Without even much thought i imagine i could list 20 better sitcoms. I imagine friends would be near 30

this.

and comparing friends to Cheers is sacrilege.

Cheers was a thousand times better, anyday.
yeah i mean friends isnt anywhere close to seinfeld, cheers, mash. jfc frasier is even in another league than friends.

Friends is/was for women. Every dude on it was an emasculated dweeb, why are we surprised Mitch rates it as one of the best? It speaks his truth

Last edited:
i would love to get a MASH reunion but it would be like 3 ppl
gary burghoff, alan alda and jamie farr
everyone else is dead i think
maybe hot lips is still alive

Man, Perry has gone through a wringer. I knew he had a "gastrointestinal perforation" a few years back but I didn't know he was beaten in the head with a bat or something. Poor guy. Something's not right.

I never liked "Friends" anyway. The only thing good about Friends was this:

2ZU5YNe.jpg

would have been much more enjoyable, seeing the opening as nothing but close-ups of aniston's bosom while hearing "i'll be there for you"

how would friends even be top 10 for sitcoms

I don't know how but I haven't watched many situation comedies, but you're inviting the question: who would you pick?

For me (no order):

All In The Family
The Honeymooners
Fawlty Towers
Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist
Reno 911
Scrubs
South Park
I'm on the fence about American Dad, but I don't watch sitcoms much so I'll include it. I haven't watched television for years, so I don't even know what's popular now.

I don't watch television and other than having the entire Dr. Katz episodes on digital, I don't even watch the shows I named. Because a show is animated, it is no longer a situation comedy? nm I don't really care what popular opinion says. *shrug*

In 2015, USA Today reported that Warner Bros. earns $1 billion a year from “Friends.” Of that amount, 2% — or $20 million — goes to each of the stars every single year.

6 million dollar man
Incredible Hulk
Brady bunch
Love boat
Fantasy island
I dream of Genie
Welcome back Kotter
WKRP in Cincy
Taxi
Threes company
Zoom
Mork and Mindy
Great American Hero
Jefferson’s
What’s Happening
Good times
MASH

To name a few

I don't know how but I haven't watched many situation comedies, but you're inviting the question: who would you pick?

For me (no order):

All In The Family
The Honeymooners
Fawlty Towers
Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist
Reno 911
Scrubs
South Park
I'm on the fence about American Dad, but I don't watch sitcoms much so I'll include it. I haven't watched television for years, so I don't even know what's popular now.
A quick best sitcom list in no order

seinfeld
cheers
mash
taxi
newhart
mary tyler moore
all in the family
honeymooners
the simpsons
cosby
roseanne