Where should I move, TW?

you should ask rayn for gardening advice, he also owns a gardening forum somewhere

he won't tell us which because i think he's afraid we'll invade it

i'd enjoy living in china for a bit
trying to learn the language, eating foods, visiting places
historically speaking china is pretty tits

anyway i dont have any transferable skills to live there (probably).

they frown upon shirtlessness.

For once, Jomo is wrong. Well, it's not exactly shirtlessness. They usually wear a shirt--but then you roll the whole bottom part and tuck it into your armpits. Like so:

223705747_41b584d6ff.jpg

Then, once it's up, commence the belly rubbing.
spaceball.gif

Also, South by Southwest seems pretty fucking cool. I may leave a couple of weeks early to at least catch a day or two of that.

I assume hitchhiking around the city is no problem, but is it possible to do from the airport?

chinese is stupid. do something useful. you remind me of the idiots that take philosophy and then wonder why they can't get a job...

肏死你妈的臊屄.

I have a job. You remind me of one of those people who can't figure out how to enjoy life and express it by getting angry at those who live differently than they. Or just a troll.

chinese is stupid. do something useful. you remind me of the idiots that take philosophy and then wonder why they can't get a job...

Considering China is growing rapidly, it's probably a good idea to learn the language so he can talk to our new communist overlords.

i have a bunch of friends at university of chicago law

seems nice if you can handle the wind in winter

it's also in a shitty area. the neighborhood it's in is really nice (Hyde Park - it's where Obama lives) but the area surrounding it is 100% ghetto. Seriously high crime rates and it's not really close to the downtown area or the north/northwest neighborhoods where most young people live and where most good music and other cultural things are.

I think if you lived in Hyde Park you wouldn't have as good of a time as if you lived somewhere else in the city (Wicker Park, South Loop, UIC area,). Areas like Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Wrigleyville and Gold Coast is full of rich yuppies or wannabe yuppies or bros.

if you look past that, there is TONS of awesome shit to do. Museums, theater, music, parks, the lake is awesome to go to in the summer. The winter fucking sucks. It's super windy and cold in the winter and can be ridiculously humid in the summer.

three of my top cities to relocate to

as a skier/outdoorsperson i'd say boulder
if you like the big city feel chicago is amazing, though living in hyde park kinda blows from what people tell me
austin..just sounds cool and it's probably much cheaper than the two choices above

Back