[USA] The Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Has Begun

the media is covering this other self defense trial(arbery), way more than they covered the kyle trial. just because it looks like the defendants will lose

Not surprising since this one checks more of the boxes they love; White people. Firearms. pickup trucks. vigilantism. Dead black man. The made for TV movie script writes itself.

well that's a trick statement b/c according 2u it doesn't work

how can they explain how it works if it doesn't work?

well that's a trick statement b/c according 2u it doesn't work

how can they explain how it works if it doesn't work?

I never said it doesn't work. I said it's not fair. It works just as it is supposed to: it ensures that a vote from someone in a sparsely populated state is worth more than a vote from someone in a heavily populated state. It works, it's just a biased way to run an election.

I never said it doesn't work. I said it's not fair. It works just as it is supposed to: it ensures that a vote from someone in a sparsely populated state is worth more than a vote from someone in a heavily populated state. It works, it's just a biased way to run an election.

yeah, i've always hated when people try to let the minorities have a say.

Its supposed to be biased... its why we live in a constitutional republic.
And that is an ass backwards way of looking at it and NOT what it is meant to ensure.
I thought you said you knew all about the electoral college. I guess you meant to say you know HOW it works, not WHY it was implemented.

I love that Vanster knows (roughly) how our government works but not why, and still manages to be an insufferable cunt about it.

He's a special kind of stupid.

I don't see why you guys aren't on board with the notion that New York and California should decide every election. It'll be fine.

I don't see why you guys aren't on board with the notion that New York and California should decide every election. It'll be fine.

exactly. and i don't see why everyone has a problem with white people running everything in the country too, since they were the majority all this time, right? get over it.

It must seem crazy to foreigners looking in sometimes. There is sanity behind the law, though.

It is rooted in the 2nd amendment. Each state has slightly different rules and regulations but the fact is - it is legal to own a firearm in the USA. It is also legal to defend yourself from great injury or death. It is even legal to defend others from the same fate. That point gets a little squirrely in some states though, so caution is advised.

All states and cities have differences. For instance, people saw a lot of guns in the open in Kenosha. That is not illegal there. It is an "open carry" city. Basically, you can carry a gun in the open. There are exceptions within school zones etc. But, you do not need a permit like you do for concealed carry. Kyle Rittnhouse was not concealing his firearm. Others may or may not have had the correct permits. But, if they had their weapons in the open that night, that is legal. Take "Bicep Boy" Gaige. He produced a pistol from somewhere. He would have needed a permit to conceal that weapon. Turns out he did have a permit but it was expired.

That on it's own might seem insane to outsiders. We get it. The point is - it's legal.

Read on if you choose...
Spoiler

Last edited:
Back