[Plastic Bag Ban] Gaining support in California

the seatbelt law i dont agree with either. if someone wants to be a dumb ass and kill himself then that is his decision.

the problem is you just dont see the forest
you see a tree
seatbelts decrease the risk of injury
that decreases the risk to hospitals of not being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for super cereal surgery on fuck faces that got wrecked in a wreck
this in turn decreases all medical care to other patients.
no more $8 advil

see?

its more cost effective to keep you alive since you bring the state tax revenue. and chances are if you dont wear belts you can afford the tickets and therefore have the income they desire as well as the income to pay for health insurance.

you should see how the mexicans in the bay area drive... like fuckin saints!

seatbelts prevent horrible injury
small time injury that can be paid is still present
but who cares about that

if you dont have family, if you and family aren't insured (50 million americans hey!) if you are illegal (because amnesty is such a terrible thing to give, along with fixing our immigration policy!)
people can shirk collection agencies all day
if you dont have the dough to pony up, they leave you alone. If you are in a few lawsuits for thousands and havent paid any, no more are coming your way
i know this, i see it in my job

so ya, having medicine waste itself on you to die = bad times
having the hospital commit itself to saving your life, then having you skip out on the bills = bad times
seat belts help keep costs down

its not so much that i want to waste/ not save its the fact that the government is trying to controll 1 more aspect of our lives that they have no business controlling but anyway i dont use plastic but i do ALWAYS use paper. which i in turn use as trash bags instead of buying PLASTIC bags.

so they should ban trash bags as well if they are gonna do this.

If they do do it tho im gonna buy 100 of the cloth bags and throw them away after 1 use just in spite.

of course the government should control what you do if your actions affect the public (waste management, disposal, etc).

this isnt like the the marijuana issue which doesnt affect the public, as long as you getting high doesnt affect or cost anyone anything

the seatbelt law i dont agree with either. if someone wants to be a dumb ass and kill himself then that is his decision.

the problem is you just dont see the forest
you see a tree
seatbelts decrease the risk of injury
that decreases the risk to hospitals of not being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for super cereal surgery on fuck faces that got wrecked in a wreck
this in turn decreases all medical care to other patients.
no more $8 advil

see?

Seatbelt laws are designed to save costs for insurance companies (which didnt translate into any savings for consumers) and to add a revenue stream for local police departments. It has nothing to do with hospitals or helping people and you would have to be ignorant to think it does.

Just leave them in the trunk of the car. Using them is really not that hard. Or that big of a deal.

That would mean bringing them to my car after every use and i would forget, i forget lots of things. So i use plastic bags because i'm a paying customer and the burden isn't (and shouldn't be) on me to remember my bags.

of course the government should control what you do if your actions affect the public (waste management, disposal, etc).

this isnt like the the marijuana issue which doesnt affect the public, as long as you getting high doesnt affect or cost anyone anything

Will we receive a discount in waste disposal to reflect this bagless society?

yea and they should ban....

trash bags
bags that bread come in and the little plastic things that hold em closed
sandwich bags
plastic water bottles
the little plastic cover that goes on top of TV dinners.

if they get rid of plastic grocery bags i DEMAND all these things are banned as well.

yea and they should ban....

trash bags
bags that bread come in and the little plastic things that hold em closed
sandwich bags
plastic water bottles
the little plastic cover that goes on top of TV dinners.

if they get rid of plastic grocery bags i DEMAND all these things are banned as well.

some yes some no... its not a black/white issue. its a battle of convenience vs cost.

plastic bags dont cost the state a damm thing so its none of their concern... if a grocery store decides to not do plastic bags that is their decision and im 100% fine with it... like costco.

Blah, most of grocery stores in Ontario (mostly GTA) have already adopted this. Just buy the re-usable bags and get on with your life.

there's no 'ban' here in Ont, you just are forced to pay 5cents a bag to discourage ppl from using them

is that a state law or implemented by the grocery store itself ? makes a big difference in how i feel about it.

i'm not sure if its over the whole province, or just the Greater Toronto Area

and the 5c isn't a tax, the retailer keeps it

i personally have 0 problem with it - i live in an apartment and i need plastic bags to toss things down the chute (paper rips) so i ask for them all the time and pay gladly.

i like that its made to discourage plastic, but still gives everyone their choice

Back