[Plastic Bag Ban] Gaining support in California

turtle-eating-plastic.jpg
yum

Thugturtle?

I get the distinct impression he knows he is eating plastic, and is doing it anyways just to intimidate me. I welcome our new turtle overlords.

no one is telling you that you cant use plastic, just bring your own plastic bag.

this is a waste/cost saving measure. i dont see a problem with it.

its not so much that i want to waste/ not save its the fact that the government is trying to controll 1 more aspect of our lives that they have no business controlling but anyway i dont use plastic but i do ALWAYS use paper. which i in turn use as trash bags instead of buying PLASTIC bags.

so they should ban trash bags as well if they are gonna do this.

If they do do it tho im gonna buy 100 of the cloth bags and throw them away after 1 use just in spite.

Last edited:
ill just order a case of plastic bags from uline, they cost like nothing

you're a fucking retard. a goddamn fucking retard.

seriously.

you can fit 3+ plastic bags worth of shit into one reusable tote.

if you're in a place like DC where it's 5 cents per plastic bag, then a tote bag can pay for itself 10x over in a year.

and that's not even counting the potential savings from reduced operating costs to the grocery store or lessened environmental impact.

do you really hate the environment so much that you're going to go spend the same amount of money to do things the less efficient and more destructive way?

you're a fucking retard. a goddamn fucking retard.

seriously.

you can fit 3+ plastic bags worth of shit into one reusable tote.

if you're in a place like DC where it's 5 cents per plastic bag, then a tote bag can pay for itself 10x over in a year.

and that's not even counting the potential savings from reduced operating costs to the grocery store or lessened environmental impact.

do you really hate the environment so much that you're going to go spend the same amount of money to do things the less efficient and more destructive way?

Meh you really cant fit as much in reusables and then you have to remember to bring them back and forth everytime or buy new bags at the store

Meh you really cant fit as much in reusables and then you have to remember to bring them back and forth everytime or buy new bags at the store

Just leave them in the trunk of the car. Using them is really not that hard. Or that big of a deal.

um, no. my reusable bag can honestly fit as much as 3 or more plastic bags. especially since they have a plastic panel in the bottom to keep the bag flat, so you can stack and arrange stuff properly and don't have to worry about shit falling over.

so you're wrong and have no idea what you're talking about, and therefore need to shut the fuck up.

I don't mind plastic bags being gone. Reusable bags are simple enough to leave in your car and can be used for other things too. What I fucking hate is the ban Seattle has on Styrofoam containers. The biodegradable containers for take-out and such are fucking terrible.

holy shit people its not the environmental fact ... its the fact that its becoming a government controlled state where they want to control all of your decisions for you.

stop being such fucking sheeple and make these decisions for yourself and let others make them for themselves. No one is stopping you from using your reusable bags now but holy shit you fuckers want to take away my right to choose what I want to use. :fu:

becuase fags will always choose the easiest approach (plastic bags)

sometimes you have to be told

good.

plastic bags suck.

I forgot my cloth bags a few days ago and got plastic bags, they need to give you like 3-4 times as many bags, and then they suck. I had 2 fucking cans and a jar break through the damn crap plastic bag while taking the groceries to my kitchen. Glad the jar didn't break.

People tend to only do the right thing when it benefits them, by charging people less when they do the right thing, it encourages the useless fucks to do the right thing as well.

I use plastic shopping bags as my garbage bags, since I don't make much garbage, I rarely fill one of those in a week, so I don't need to buy kitchen garbage bags as long as I forget to bring my cloth bags once every few months.

holy shit people its not the environmental fact ... its the fact that its becoming a government controlled state where they want to control all of your decisions for you.

stop being such fucking sheeple and make these decisions for yourself and let others make them for themselves. No one is stopping you from using your reusable bags now but holy shit you fuckers want to take away my right to choose what I want to use. :fu:

im not saying you arent, but is everyone qualified to make their own decisions? i mean, they have laws on how old you have to be to drink and smoke, and make you wear your seatbelt, and kids have to go to school...dont you think those mandates make things better in the long run? btw im always on the fence on how much is okay to mandate and how much should be left to the individual to decide...so im not necessarily against your point of view, just undecided

im not saying you arent, but is everyone qualified to make their own decisions? i mean, they have laws on how old you have to be to drink and smoke, and make you wear your seatbelt, and kids have to go to school...dont you think those mandates make things better in the long run? btw im always on the fence on how much is okay to mandate and how much should be left to the individual to decide...so im not necessarily against your point of view, just undecided

yea i dont really agree with the 21 year old law to drink... if a man is man enough to go and die for this country he should be able to drink regardless of age.

the seatbelt law i dont agree with either. if someone wants to be a dumb ass and kill himself then that is his decision.

you DO NOT have to put your kid in school. it is perfectly legal to home school a child.

thats my point of view but the law is the law and as far as the seatbelt thing goes i put mine on everytime i sit in the car because its habit. I gained that habit not because i was worried about my life but because i dont want a fucking ticket. which is fucked in itself.

the seatbelt law i dont agree with either. if someone wants to be a dumb ass and kill himself then that is his decision.

the problem is you just dont see the forest
you see a tree
seatbelts decrease the risk of injury
that decreases the risk to hospitals of not being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for super cereal surgery on fuck faces that got wrecked in a wreck
this in turn decreases all medical care to other patients.
no more $8 advil

see?

thats not necessarily true. seatbelts cause injury where they would have jsut been dead on impact.

but i see the point you are trying to make but there is tons of other variables you dont take into effect. like all the money each state spends to get you to wear seatbelts.. commercials billboards and all those click it or ticket signs you see everywhere is all money out our pockets.

they make it back with said tickets *shrug*
bad wrecks where they dont die on impact (remember, car construction does a LOT to help now days) still require the medical team to do all they can, costs be damned

getting thrown from your vehicle and horribly skinned and battered and bleeding
gotta staunch the wounds, try and save a corpse
plus you'd still be alive, all that public education we paid for not wasted and you can contribute to society!

uhh they bill the family with hospital bills as well so that point is null.

unless you are talking about illegal mexicans then you got a very valid point but thats another rant i dont want to get on :p

Back