Wisconsin Labor Rally Pictures

What this bill does, as does any bill 'stripping collective bargaining rights', is that the state is no longer forced to enter negotitions if it chooses not to.
I'm not sure I understand this. What does it mean to have the right to negotiate collectively without a counterparty? Do I still have the right to a trial by jury if the state is no longer forced to abide by the jury's verdict?

wow maybe you're not completely hopeless vanster, this is actually a good post

your gigantic ego still shines through as this post is incredibly self centered but good job anyhow

I'm not sure I understand this. What does it mean to have the right to negotiate collectively without a counterparty? Do I still have the right to a trial by jury if the state is no longer forced to abide by the jury's verdict?

You have the right to ask. The state may agree to your terms, or it may tell you to buzz off. But it would not be under legal compulsion to set a meeting with you and try to come to a middle ground. This is what the 'must bargain in good faith' clause means. A legal compulsion for the state to cave into some union demands, unless it has a really good reason (as determined by a judge) not to. The state (or really taxpayers) are no longer under that compulsion, but they could still reach an agreement with the unions if they so chose.

The democrats in madison were straight up pieces of shit. This is the way the voting process works. The republicans there were following the legislative process and the demos took there ball and ran.

Elections have consequences and this is the consequence of the november election.

The repupublicans never ran out and hid when the majority of americans were against the Obamacare bill. They stayed and voted.

I would have alot more respect for the democrats if they would have stayed and voted.

We see exactly who pays the bills for the democrats with these protests - the unions.

Last edited:
Wrong. Showing that you are pretty ignorant about unions. Unions didn't start after having specific provisions in laws granting them power. You always have the right to collectively bargain if you so choose. What this bill does, as does any bill 'stripping collective bargaining rights', is that the state is no longer forced to enter negotitions if it chooses not to. Furthermore, individuals can choose to opt if they want to bargain individual. So the bill increases the rights of taxpayers as they are not forced to make concessions, and increases the rights of employees as they are not forced to support a union, while the rights of the unions has not changed. Does this change their bargaining power in the future? Yes. Their rights... no.

IMG_4245.JPG

Last edited:
The democrats in madison were straight up pieces of shit. This is the way the voting process works. The republicans there were following the legislative process and the demos took there ball and ran.

Elections have consequences and this is the consequence of the november election.
While you generally post inane crap, I agree with you here.

why are republicans cool with giving billionaires tax cuts for extra millions but when people making 30k a year want a few bucks they go crazy?

well shit

I guess I have to scratch off "Go up to see Lavan when Scoobs is in town" on things to do this summer

This is a very real issue for Mary and me. If people think we're being greedy, it's their right to say that. If people don't agree with what we're doing and why we're doing it, they have the right to do that also. If people disagree ideologically, they can say so, like you did and I welcome that kind of comment.

However, people also have the right to say that it's very much in my character to lead others in demanding a free handout, and taunt me about my alcoholism. It doesn't really have anything to do with the issues here or this thread. But sure, Scooby has the right to do it, and he invoked it.

Perhaps you better get up here and educate us all then.

You're an idiot.

So I guess there were no unions before the NLRB? And businesses have the right to move. Taxpayers don't.

Also, remember who empowered the NLRB? FDR. Remember why he didn't include public sector employee? Because public sector unions are bullshit.

In the private sector, if management takes kickbacks from unions and then caves to their demands, they are prosecuted under racketeering laws on behalf of the shareholders. In the public sector, when government officials get huge campaign donations from unions for caving into their demands, this called helping out working class families.

double bullet domination -

[*]Workers in America have the right to form unions that will collectively bargain for contracts. Some workers are happy without unions (Coors beer for example), but they are always free to form one if they wish. This bill would make it law that the unions in which state employees are members would not be allowed to collectively bargain.

[*] [*] Union misinformation and wrong. They will still be allowed to collectively bargain for salary.

[*]Three years ago the deal Wisconsin made with its state employees was simple: Accept lower wages than you could get in the private sector now in return for better pensions and health-care benefits when you retire. That was a different governor--this one wants to retract that deal.

[*] [*] Financial condition of the state has changed so changing the law to match makes sense. Standard function of gov't is to update laws. The state is $3 billion in debt and unemployment is over 9%. Should gov't workers be placed on a pedestal and immune to this? Is the gov't worker better than the avg tax payer?

[*]The Unions offered to give everything the governor is asking for monetarily (pension, benefit contribution), he flatly denied it, which makes this bill completely about power and politics, not money. I know most of TW doesn't like labor unions, and I'm willing to listen to the reasons why but only from those people that know what they are talking about. Case in point: Jomo believes principals and superintendents belong to the NEA. He's welcome to engage as soon as he's learned at least a little bit about how the world works.

[*] [*] Unions only offered after Walker started the bill. The union's position is about power and politics and so is the governors. Neither is in some way morally superior. Why would you be surprised a politician is engaging in politics?

[*]During the phone-conversation Walker thought he was having with David Koch, he said that "we had thought about" sending agitators into the rally. This is a state governor that said he considered hiring thugs to turn on his constituents, because it could have moved his agenda forward.

A 20 minute phone conversation with someone who he thought was an inside political supporter and this is all they got - basically a polite denial of a billionaire's idea.

News article without much bias in it--pretty much facts only: In Wisconsin, the real struggle is over power

[*][*] It's a fucking washington post article. It's like me posting a fox article. Ridiculous.

why are republicans cool with giving billionaires tax cuts for extra millions but when people making 30k a year want a few bucks they go crazy?

Its either one of two things:

1. They are providing them incentives to help spur the economy. If I'm a billionaire, and I run say a, Dixie cup factory, and my taxes are lowered, I will add more employees to that to factory. Those people will pay taxes and add to the pool. Some people question this method but in a global market employers (i.e. billionaires) have the leverage, not the guy earning 30k a year.

2. The Republicans are paying them back for campaign contributions.

I tend to agree with #1, but I don't put it past politicians for #2.

AP) The United States is losing ground in education, as peers across the globe zoom by with bigger gains in student achievement and school graduations, a study shows.

Among adults age 25 to 34, the U.S. is ninth among industrialized nations in the share of its population that has at least a high school degree. In the same age group, the United States ranks seventh, with Belgium, in the share of people who hold a college degree.

By both measures, the United States was first in the world as recently as 20 years ago, said Barry McGaw, director of education for the Paris-based Organization for Cooperation and Development.

They show that compared with their peers in Europe, Asia and elsewhere, 15-year-olds in the United States are below average in applying math skills to real-life tasks.

U.S. Education Slips In Rankings - CBS News

The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development places the United States 18th among the 36 nations examined, USA Today reported Wednesday.

Headed to the top of the heap is South Korea where 93 percent of high school students graduate on time compared with the United States where 75 percent receive their diplomas.

Read more: U.S. slipping in education rankings - UPI.com

The US is falling like a rock in education but we should just keep giving teachers more money where in any other job a poor performer would be fired.

I'd like to see more charter schools.

Thats a blanket statement not held dear by all fyi. I am all for flat tax with no deductions which is the same thing as raising tax on the wealthy since they get the most deductions than anyone.

The US is falling like a rock in education but we should just keep giving teachers more money where in any other job a poor performer would be fired.

I'd like to see more charter schools.
You're pretty confident, are you, that our poor K-12 education showing relative to South Korea is the fault of our teachers?

The only way unions work is if all workers are unionized. You cant have people of similar skills being paid totally different wages only because they do or do not allow their employer to pay someone to represent them in collective bargaining.

Yes, that's right. Union members don't pay dues. Employers pay dues. You say, "that's ridiculous, it's deducted right from their paychecks".

But in my reality ( I also feel this way about taxes) the employee knows when he accepts a wage how much he will lose to these deductions, the money is never his, and he only considers take home pay when he decides to take, or not take a job.

Wages, like real goods, should be based on supply and demand.

actually, in terms of economics, it depends on the elasticity of supply and demand. if they are identical and not perfectly elastic or inelastic, then the split will be 50/50 between emmployer and worker.

Back