[So]{Guess the Race} Lottery Winner Still on Welfare

Code4

BP's Pimpx
Veteran XV
Amanda Clayton: $1m lottery winner STILL collecting welfare | Mail Online

A young woman who won $1m on a state lottery has sparked outrage after she admitted to still claiming benefits.

Amanda Clayton of Lincoln Park, Michigan still claims $200 a month in food stamps and despite paying cash for a new home and car said, 'I'm still struggling.'

The 24-year-old added that she is entitled to the welfare handout as she has two homes to run.

'I feel that it's okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay,' she said. 'I have two houses.'

Clayton said she will keep using her Bridge card until the state cuts her off and said she deserves it.
'It's just hard, you know. I'm struggling,' she said.

Spoiler

There are two different bills—one in the House, another in the Senate that have each passed which would require lottery winners of prizes of $1,000 or more to have their names cross checked with the Department of Human Services.
Since when is a thousand dollars enough to last more than like a month all things considered? And that's assuming that they don't have any leftover bills to pay.

As far as the OP goes, yeah, she got $500,000 dollars after taxes etc. Probably shouldn't be on welfare anymore. At the same time, she's still earning the same amount as she was before and ended up buying a new house and car, she's going to need to be back on welfare sooner rather than later without a bump up in income. Meh.

Not sure why'd you'd expect a poor person buying lottery tickets to all of a sudden be able to make smart decisions about their lives just because they got a lot of money. $500,000 seems like a lot more than it actually is when you're not used to having more than a few hundred in the bank at any given time.

Are her two homes trailers? I find they typically win the lottery a lot before blowing it all on stupid shit.

so according to the article, it sounds like the way it is now, at least in her state...you could have enough money in the bank to easily survive the rest of your life, and still get welfare as long as you weren't reporting income?

I'm not even talking about lottery, or inheritance or anything - it sounds like rich retired people could get on welfare for some extra coke money?

Really - 1/2 a mil isn't all that much.

Hey if she still legally qualifies for welfare then she should get it.

Blame the game not the playa

Since when is a thousand dollars enough to last more than like a month all things considered? And that's assuming that they don't have any leftover bills to pay.

As far as the OP goes, yeah, she got $500,000 dollars after taxes etc. Probably shouldn't be on welfare anymore. At the same time, she's still earning the same amount as she was before and ended up buying a new house and car, she's going to need to be back on welfare sooner rather than later without a bump up in income. Meh.

Not sure why'd you'd expect a poor person buying lottery tickets to all of a sudden be able to make smart decisions about their lives just because they got a lot of money. $500,000 seems like a lot more than it actually is when you're not used to having more than a few hundred in the bank at any given time.

Irene, one of teh's homie. ( his homie wuz :sex: linda... :shrug: )
Daughter dieded in hosp.
bitch collected I mill.

A year later, she was collecting public assistance. :huh:

Thinking capacity????
Well, Teh fucked her
and her daughter.

I could have but chose not to. :shock: (the mother, that is.)
That's right. Dweasel passing up PUSSY?
Oh, lemme tell ya, she wuz "HAWT".

She partied it ALL away.:banging:

Peeps that win lotto 500k or more should forever barred from Pub. ass.
And be mandated to have finances STRUCTURED.

Most peeps are dumb with money
....... they don't think past spending that dollar in hand. :nuts:

Last edited:
Back