[MEGATHREAD] Modern Warfare 2

yea 5870 is way overkill for a game that's maxed out at 18 players. I have everything maxed on a 4870 at 1920x1200 and never had any fps issues.

Last night I had a terrible night and actually got to experience a Tactical Nuke.

that sucked but it was cool at the same time.

I couldn't find a server where I had over two bars all night, makes for some shitty gaming.

really? that's fucking gay that i can't then. i wonder if their reason for removing it would be to make it easier for everyone to get kills and more fast paced

They can stick their guns around corners and over boxes to shoot you as well.

I would have to agree the Nuke was dissapointing. A little radiation count down symbol appears in the upper left corner, some noise, a voice thing saying you're about to be blown to bits then your screen turns read and you die.

The guy that got it was 43 and 2 that map, 29 and 3 the next and pretty much had a 10 to 1 kill ratio the entire time I was there. Either he's that good or he cheats. This was on the XBox.

Talk a learning curve, this is really my first time playing seriously on a console and after being so used to aiming on a pc all these years, I was getting my ass handed to me. Are most people doing the controller+mouse thing?

-ps3-

They can stick their guns around corners and over boxes to shoot you as well. I would have to agree the Nuke was dissapointing. A little radiation count down symbol appears in the upper left corner, some noise, a voice thing saying you're about to be blown to bits then your screen turns read and you die. The guy that got it was 43 and 2 that map, 29 and 3 the next and pretty much had a 10 to 1 kill ratio the entire time I was there. Either he's that good or he cheats. This was on the XBox.

my brother and one of the other guys we play with get those kinds of scores all the time - you've just gotta play safe and use sound and not suck basically. this guy went 32-0 on skidrow last night...although it was on CTF and we were all getting huge scores because apparently CTF is where all the noobs are

i don't use sound properly because i don't have a suitable headset and all the loud gunshots and explosions give me a headache. plus i can only be bothered to play conservatively about half the time........my best score so far has been 22-0, but i think i could get to 25 and drop a nuke given the right map and sufficiently crap players on the other team :D

Talk a learning curve, this is really my first time playing seriously on a console and after being so used to aiming on a pc all these years, I was getting my ass handed to me. Are most people doing the controller+mouse thing?

-ps3-

I sucked for awhile on 360 too. First off, you have to learn the maps. You've got to just know every corner and possible hiding spot. Once you learn them you will be in a lot better shape.

My kill/death ratio was awful for awhile, but now I'm starting to be less awful. It just takes a bit.

Sometimes too you are just going to end up on a bad team and get killed a ton. If your team sucks the other team gets tons of killstreaks and can get tons of airstrikes and other stuff.

Just keep grinding and you'll get better. Find a weapon/perk combo that works for you. Famas + red dot sight is great early on.

yeah i fucking blew the first day or two on xbox. i was never higher than 2nd from the bottom. but then i learned the maps and (more importantly) got used to the controller, and now i'm usually within the top 3 at the end of the match.

I haven't met anyone who uses a mouse on the xbox yet, but I don't know how common it is. It just takes time to get used to the controller and get the maps memorized.

I played with Boston the other night, i went positive almost every map, but KDR really doesn't matter unless you're trying to top all the leader boards.

Yeah I figured as much and I totally agree with you Kero on the maps, I started watching some of the better players and noticing their routes. tnx

-ps3-

I was the same way with COD4 and it took me a good 10 hours of play time to get used to the controller were it felt like an extention of my hand. I went from being an utterly horrible player to being able to take out most people when its up to the fastest reactions.

One thing I did that helped was; at the start of every map, look at a point with 2 distinctive marks (the top corners of trash dumpsters or corners of a building are good. Put your reticle on each spot as fast as you can; you'll be amazed at how inaccurate you are and this will get you up to speed faster.

In fact I need to start doing that again..my reaction isn't as good as it used to be.

Back