[MEGATHREAD] Modern Warfare 2

looks like you need about 2.4-2.5 million experience for level 70

did anyone figure out what you get for prestige?

Supposedly its extra class slots. You wont lose your titles and emblems.

I went Prestige last time, wont do it this time. Going to try to unlock all the weapons and perks instead.

I think I may as well, I haven't unlocked too many things real useful. Other than the stinger, pretty much everything I prefer to use is available real early.

Is there only 1 level of prestige?

I think I may as well, I haven't unlocked too many things real useful. Other than the stinger, pretty much everything I prefer to use is available real early.

There are at least 5 since someone is already there.

There are 10lvl's of prestige.

I've been rolling around with either the m16 w/red dot, or my favorite class at this point: P90 w/red dot, Striker shotgun with red dot, marathon pro, swift pro, and commando pro. I am a speed machine, hell half the time I can run away from people shooting at me, and I almost NEVER lose the inevitable knife duel that happens rounding corners.

I can't wait for the m16. Just started using the P90 and I enjoy it. Shotguns are so clutch, half the time I just run around with the shotgun.

There are 10 prestige levels, like COD4.

I'm hotlinking here so I dunno if they'll show

From 1 -> 10

Prestige-1.jpg

Emblem-prestige-2.jpg

Prestige-3.jpg

Prestige-4.jpg

Prestige-5.jpg

Prestige-6.jpg

Prestige-7.jpg

Prestige-8.jpg

Prestige-9.jpg

Prestige-10.jpg

Don't think I'll be going prestige either. If all you get is extra custom slots and some new unlockable titles... Don't feel like doing the challenges again because some are so dependant on dumb luck.

Also got the NUKE ! I was shitting bricks because 3 sec before it detonated there was a host migration (the dude hosting prob ragequit) and when the game resumed everyone was dead! Glad it regged though, I'd be fucking pissed if it didn't.

Lastly, this page is pretty good because you can see what you need to do for the various titles

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Titles

Last edited:
sure don't ask me. and you don't have a computer that will run this game. or DO you?!?!?!

Crit!

I was thinking that I needed to call you on this about 30 minutes ago. Honest!

Then I thought... no I need to invite him and the family over for dinner, let the kids play, get caught up and then say... "so you still game"? :)

I listen to all this talk of host migrations and scratch my head. People used to get pissed if their ping was 80 instead of 40. Now you faggots are accepting host migrations.

Is it me or does it seem like things are moving the wrong direction? I won't bother with this game until they officially release a dedicated server. If that never happens then I never buy it. :shrug: It is just plain unacceptable to me.

Isn't this perfect for them? They have to provide zero server support themselves, it is all on the gamers. Perfect scaling.

Of course I think it sucks in practice - but I get the idea.

What do you need to unlock the stinger? I've been shooting down shit with the AT4 but its not very powerful.

And i will hopefully have the M16 tonight. I loved that gun in COD4.

So far though im loving the FAMAS other than its fuglyness.

Yup, did some googling after I posted, level 30 I think. I need to play more than 1.5 hours a night to ever get better and level up. :(

Back