Whats for breakfast? fatboy edition

Nah i don't think im going to be stacking muscle in calorie deficit. But i do think that I'm getting pathways renewed in muscle tissue and once i get down to the point that im ready to start putting muscle on, it will come a little bit easier.

You lichrully just said you're trying to fill loose skin up with muscle. Let me assplain this to you slowly. You're around 50. When you run a big calorie deficit your body goes into starvation mode and tries to protect your fat stores. It goes back to caveman days, evolution and all that. So it tries to burn muscle first. You can slow that process down by eating a lot of protein and lifting heavy. Or doing high intensity shit. Preferably both. Walking on the treadmill isn't going to cut it, it will just speed up the process of your body digesting lean tissue. Also you have to confuse the muscle, never let it get comfortable. No two workouts ever the same.

Also, you can't do this by yourself. You're not mentally strong enough. Not many people are. I'm not. You need a PT, and not just the first one the gym chucks at you. Do your research. Interview the guy / girl. Make him / her earn your money like you did. I found a PT that changed my life. There aren't many of them around. Most are awful, many are average. Get one that's as excited to be there as you are. If he tells you to walk on the treadmill, punch him in the fucking head and steal his jacket.

That is all.

You lichrully just said you're trying to fill loose skin up with muscle. Let me assplain this to you slowly. You're around 50. When you run a big calorie deficit your body goes into starvation mode and tries to protect your fat stores. It goes back to caveman days, evolution and all that. So it tries to burn muscle first. You can slow that process down by eating a lot of protein and lifting heavy. Or doing high intensity shit. Preferably both. Walking on the treadmill isn't going to cut it, it will just speed up the process of your body digesting lean tissue. Also you have to confuse the muscle, never let it get comfortable. No two workouts ever the same.

Also, you can't do this by yourself. You're not mentally strong enough. Not many people are. I'm not. You need a PT, and not just the first one the gym chucks at you. Do your research. Interview the guy / girl. Make him / her earn your money like you did. I found a PT that changed my life. There aren't many of them around. Most are awful, many are average. Get one that's as excited to be there as you are. If he tells you to walk on the treadmill, punch him in the fucking head and steal his jacket.

That is all.

Yeah, im not going to read that. This is not my first rodeo midge. Thanks though.

So it tries to burn muscle first.

No it doesn't.

Mammalian catabolism doesn't work like that-- without getting technical, protein will burn, but not very efficiently. Your body will burn it, but only if you're in trouble; if you're in a hypothermic state, for example.

As long as he remains fat, his body will mobilize fats and throw them into the Krebs Cycle long before it will catabolize proteins, deaminate AA's et. cetera.

wait a minute your body can burn muscle? my fat ass can't even light up a cigarette without a match

Yeah it can. If you're. .what let me conjure up a terrible scenario-- you are stranded on a mountain in winter, you have water but no food. Your body will use up all the glycogen you have, first from your liver (which can't really store much), then muscles, and there is a sliding scale that as your glycogen stores deplete, you will start burning fat.

The same scale applies (sort of) for fat and protein, but only once you are completely out of glycogen (bonked). Once that has happened, you will begin a state of Keto-acidosis (in popular press: Keto :rolleyes:), and mammals will burn fat only, and get good at it. If you can't get enough calories from that, then yeah, your body will begin to digest it's own proteins to keep your temperature, and keep glucose supply to your brain, which can only use glucose. If your body is digesting proteins, you're in trouble. The digestive pathway for protein is complex and inefficient.

Cliffs: your body will burn muscle to keep you alive, but you have to be 1. out of glycogen, 2. having burned fat for a long time 3. cold (usually)

No it doesn't.

Mammalian catabolism doesn't work like that-- without getting technical, protein will burn, but not very efficiently. Your body will burn it, but only if you're in trouble; if you're in a hypothermic state, for example.

As long as he remains fat, his body will mobilize fats and throw them into the Krebs Cycle long before it will catabolize proteins, deaminate AA's et. cetera.

If you're in a fasted state and your body has burned through available glycogen, glucose has to be synthesized from other sources. It'll come from the muscles. Cori cycle.

probably a good thing I ate a handful of these before going for a dip then :)

RSgzOlm.jpg

yum yum yum gimme dat sugar

If you're in a fasted state and your body has burned through available glycogen, glucose has to be synthesized from other sources. It'll come from the muscles. Cori cycle.

sigh.
community college kids have learned just enough to think they can argue.

I'm not dumbing down metabolism any more nor arguing.

This thread is now owned by amram, and I'll consider editing my previous responses to a comma, because that's what tw deserves.

Relax tonto, I wasn't arguing. I was responding to your first post, before you elaborated on it.

your body will begin to digest it's own proteins to keep your temperature, and keep glucose supply to your brain, which can only use glucose.

Can it really only use glucose?

Or does it mostly want to use glucose, on account of it being readily available?

Yeah it can. If you're. .what let me conjure up a terrible scenario-- you are stranded on a mountain in winter, you have water but no food. Your body will use up all the glycogen you have, first from your liver (which can't really store much), then muscles, and there is a sliding scale that as your glycogen stores deplete, you will start burning fat.

The same scale applies (sort of) for fat and protein, but only once you are completely out of glycogen (bonked). Once that has happened, you will begin a state of Keto-acidosis (in popular press: Keto :rolleyes:), and mammals will burn fat only, and get good at it. If you can't get enough calories from that, then yeah, your body will begin to digest it's own proteins to keep your temperature, and keep glucose supply to your brain, which can only use glucose. If your body is digesting proteins, you're in trouble. The digestive pathway for protein is complex and inefficient.

Cliffs: your body will burn muscle to keep you alive, but you have to be 1. out of glycogen, 2. having burned fat for a long time 3. cold (usually)

wow all this food science is incredible like alton brown. sometimes i ask god why he didn't make us all robots since the programming is easier. he works in wonderful ways

Back