Whats for breakfast? fatboy edition

btw - those glucose gummy bears are delicious

they feed my brain directly, notice how my posting this evening has been way sharp

Yeah, im not going to read that. This is not my first rodeo midge. Thanks though.

You should put your hating midge aside for a bit and read it. There is good info in there, which you could benefit from.

Of course there are all types of experts here in TW on every subject, we know that.

But really, if you want to lose weight, gain muscle, and keep muscle, get someone close to you who knows what they are doing, pay them good money, listen to them and do what they tell you.

The glucose content of normal human semen amounts to 0.41 +/- 0.09 mmol/l. As there is a negative correlation between this sugar and sperm motility, it must have an important role on the metabolism of these cells. Cervical mucus is very rich in glucose and does not contain fructose. This confirms utilization of glucose by spermatozoa.

In an interesting twist - Long distance runners were the first sperm to the egg and their attraction to running long distances likely hearkens back to this early experience in an attempt to understand their creation.

Last edited:
The glucose content of normal human semen amounts to 0.41 +/- 0.09 mmol/l. As there is a negative correlation between this sugar and sperm motility, it must have an important role on the metabolism of these cells. Cervical mucus is very rich in glucose and does not contain fructose. This confirms utilization of glucose by spermatozoa.

If you're trying to say eat more pussy, I'll get right on that.

You should put your hating midge aside for a bit and read it. There is good info in there, which you could benefit from.

Of course there are all types of experts here in TW on every subject, we know that.

But really, if you want to lose weight, gain muscle, and keep muscle, get someone close to you who knows what they are doing, pay them good money, listen to them and do what they tell you.

Yeah turns out I was wrong on one part, Vanster is clearly light years ahead of me on that topic. But I stand by the high intensity in place of cardio part, and getting a great PT.

Again though, sadly there is not a hope in hell of someone at Juggles stage gaining muscle while losing fat on a huge calorie deficit. Just not gonna happen. Best he can hope for is to lose more fat than muscle. After my spinal surgery I worked out like a bastard for 6 months to lose 10lbs of fat and gain 2 pounds of muscle, and my PT said that's highly unusual at my age. And I wasn't a fatass to begin with.

Old pussy cannot build glucose like a baby-making pussy. Show me a 70 year old pussy that produces glucose like that. Especially one on a cock-deficit. You are insane if you think eating old pussy is the same as baby-making pussy. :nuts:

Also, Happy Father's day Midgell

Old pussy cannot build glucose like a baby-making pussy. Show me a 70 year old pussy that produces glucose like that. Especially one on a cock-deficit. You are insane if you think eating old pussy is the same as baby-making pussy. :nuts:

Also, Happy Father's day Midgell

Errrr.....thanks, I think. I don't really have a 70 year old pussy I can show you, but thanks for asking.

Stuck with my normal egg white omelet..had a couple sausage patties in stead of the abomination known as turkey bacon. Probably going to have a steak tonight for father's day, likely a baked potato.

Best he can hope for is to lose more fat than muscle. After my spinal surgery I worked out like a bastard for 6 months to lose 10lbs of fat and gain 2 pounds of muscle, and my PT said that's highly unusual at my age. And I wasn't a fatass to begin with.

From teaching, I've learned that encouragement is best, even if you are pessimistic. He's trying, he's inquired here, and he's gotten an awful lot of feedback.

I really don't know much about aging, my area is just general biochemistry. I know that aging mammals produce unusable proteins in greater quantity and that the liver is unable to deaminate them in an efficient way, and some researchers are postulating it to a link of several kinds of cancers. I'll defer you to amram for anything further on that.

I'm very interested in the new studies on calorie restriction and longevety, because they look like they are promising.

When I was competitive, my coaches were "Train like a bull, eat like a pig, and sleep like a baby. It's turning out that the eat part was wrong.

Oh Vanster is pseudo-sciencing this up?

You are aware ATP concentration in blood plasma is quite constant (around 1000 nmol/L). So the concentration doesn't really change even if more ATP is being produced.

and all cells with mitochondria can take ketone bodies up from the blood and reconvert them into acetyl-CoA, which can then be used as fuel in their citric acid cycles, eventhough no other tissue can divert its oxaloacetate into the gluconeogenic pathway in the way that the liver does this. And Neurons do have mitochondrias.

When has Vanster claimed to be an expert in physiology?

EDIT: and as an addition Induction processes in blood-brain transfer of ketone bodies during starvation - PubMed blood-brain barrier does not prevent ketone bodies from entering the bloodstream in brains. This is not news, it's 1970s science.

From teaching, I've learned that encouragement is best, even if you are pessimistic. He's trying, he's inquired here, and he's gotten an awful lot of feedback.

I really don't know much about aging, my area is just general biochemistry. I know that aging mammals produce unusable proteins in greater quantity and that the liver is unable to deaminate them in an efficient way, and some researchers are postulating it to a link of several kinds of cancers. I'll defer you to amram for anything further on that.

I'm very interested in the new studies on calorie restriction and longevety, because they look like they are promising.

When I was competitive, my coaches were "Train like a bull, eat like a pig, and sleep like a baby. It's turning out that the eat part was wrong.

It is really interesting. As you know my interest is strength sport, and the progression that's being made now is as much about nutrition and sleep as it is about "lifting heavy shit". Lifts that were done 30 years ago on industrial quantities of anabolic are being beaten clean. Well cleanish I guess, but I imagine with your background you'll have thoughts on that part too. Happy to be schooled buddy.

Its always been about nutrition and sleep. The gym is like 10% of it. Everything else is done in the kitchen and the bedroom

Lots of questions.

I'm claiming to be an expert, and if you didn't know, now you know.

sigh

ATP in blood plasma isn't a relevant thing. It's metabolized as soon as it's made. Every 6th grader knows that.

ATP needs to be present in sarcolemma of whatever kind of cardiac, skeletal, or smooth muscle, and of course in the liver. It's made by the nascent cells in those tissues, and that's how it's used. ATP doesn't really exist in the bloodstream.

Of COURSE acetyl Co-A is the converter of Ketone bodies, and again, anybody that knows anything knows that those metabolites will not get into mitochondria without it.

At this point, I'm sensing newbies that are digging into their wikipediea and trying to pick a fight over points they don't understand.

Denver did you really say:

"all cells with mitochondria can take ketone bodies up from the blood and reconvert them into acetyl-CoA, which can then be used as fuel in their citric acid cycles"

Did you really say that as an argument? Welcome to 9th grade. All you're doing is copying and pasting, and pretending it's a disagreement. Don't ever come at me pretending you know what I know. You don't.

Back