[Canada] Our government is retarded

do you need another one other then

it's going to fuck us, not companies?

first off let's put aside the fact that the tax incidence does not always fall on the consumer, and pretend that it does.

the fact is that you are already paying taxes on pollution indirectly through income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, etc. a large portion of your taxes goes to support things like air quality programs, water quality, health care, waste management, environmental restoration, etc.

what a pollution tax does is eliminate the need for your income, property and sales taxes to pay for these things, and allocates the costs more fairly by making sure that people who contribute to destruction of shared resources pay accordingly -- so that the tax burden is not shared by everyone indiscriminately.

income, property and sales taxes go down. a new tax is imposed to price in negative externalities associated with polluting products. people who buy products that heavily damage air/water/environment will pay the price directly instead of having the whole populace split the burden. those of us who don't drive suvs and drink fiji water get to save quite a bit of money.

Last edited:
you don't seem to understand how a parlimentary system works.

It doesn't matter how it fucking works. The government works for us, the people. I don't recall a coalition government on the ballots 2 months ago, do you???

This isn't about technicalities, it's about who the people voted for. Nobody voted for a coalition. End of discussion.

Half the Canadian fucks out there fail to realize one very important thing: the votes from the last federal election were for individual parties, NOT for a fucking coalition.

You can't just tally up the NDP/Bloc/Lib votes together... that was not the intention of the voters. They voted for individual parties. If I had voted for NDP or Liberals, and then my vote was taken to count in favour of a coalition government, I'd be fucking pissed.

This can't fly. If the coalition works out and is put into power without a vote, it'll be a disgrace.

Why would the NDP or Liberals be pissed? Their votes would have meant more since both parties had less of a percentage of the seats in Parliament than the popular vote. They should be happy for it since the Conservatives only had 37% of the popular vote yet got 46% of the seats. It's obvious that they should support such a thing.

Half the Canadian fucks out there fail to realize one very important thing: the votes from the last federal election were for individual parties, NOT for a fucking coalition.

You can't just tally up the NDP/Bloc/Lib votes together... that was not the intention of the voters. They voted for individual parties. If I had voted for NDP or Liberals, and then my vote was taken to count in favour of a coalition government, I'd be fucking pissed.

This can't fly. If the coalition works out and is put into power without a vote, it'll be a disgrace.

Save your conservative butthurt for when the coalition fails. If they do anything other than tear themselves apart , you'll just look even dumber.

Also, if a coalition gov't worked Ukraine (where the brawl in parliament, not just condescend to each other) for the last few years, I'm pretty sure it's not the end of the world.

I also can't imagine any Canadian (except the Bloc voters) going "My party has to share power now? AND the conservatives aren't in charge? FUCK!

Why would the NDP or Liberals be pissed? Their votes would have meant more since both parties had less of a percentage of the seats in Parliament than the popular vote. They should be happy for it since the Conservatives only had 37% of the popular vote yet got 46% of the seats. It's obvious that they should support such a thing.

They should be pissed because now their votes are counted as support for the separatist scumbags in Quebec, that's why.

NDP voters didn't vote for Dion to run the country, either.

This isn't about technicalities, it's about who the people voted for. Nobody voted for a coalition. End of discussion.

Uh, they don't have to vote for a coalition. All of the member of the Liberals, NDP and Bloc can join a "new" political party and thus have majority in the house.

Uh, they don't have to vote for a coalition. All of the member of the Liberals, NDP and Bloc can join a "new" political party and thus have majority in the house.

That's exactly the fucking point. The people didn't vote for it. Nothing else matters.

If they want a coalition government we need to have another election, that's the bottom line. Anything else is unacceptable.

They should be pissed because now their votes are counted as support for the separatist scumbags in Quebec, that's why.

NDP voters didn't vote for Dion to run the country, either.

:emo: So either the Liberals and NDP work with the Bloc to keep Parliament in session or the Conservatives work with any of the other parties to keep it in session. Which one do you think would be easier on Canadians? Really? Which one?

What would be easier? If our politicians would stop playing fucking games and just run the country. The voters decided on a minority Conservative government and that's exactly what it should be. If confidence is lost and a coalition is formed, have another election and let the people decide again.

Comprende?

That's exactly the fucking point. The people didn't vote for it. Nothing else matters.

If they want a coalition government we need to have another election, that's the bottom line. Anything else is unacceptable.

No, they actually don't. Once votes are collected and seats awarded, it's hands off for regular citizens, other than writing letters and lobbying your MP. So, write your MP. Unless they're Conservative, then they're fucked too.

Here's a hint, you vote for an INDIVIDUAL when you vote. Not for a party. The ballot doesn't just say "LIBERAL, CONSERVATIVE OR NDP" on it. It actually has names. The idea is you vote for the individual that best represents your values in YOUR riding. I don't care who they work with in Parliament as long as they're doing it in the best interest of myself.

You're a tard. In a parliamentary democracy your voting for a representative. That representative is a member of parliament, and can switch parties, form a coalition government, etc. You seemed to have missed that part of Social Studies in junior high.

What would be easier? If our politicians would stop playing fucking games and just run the country. The voters decided on a minority Conservative government and that's exactly what it should be. If confidence is lost and a coalition is formed, have another election and let the people decide again.

Comprende?

Harper acting like an asshole to the other parties and FORCING them to do this or go to the polls again is exactly what he wants. He wants the people to hate the other parties and blame them for making them go back to the polls in hopes he will have a majority government so he doesn't have to work with the other parties to get things does. He wants free reign so he can fuck shit up.

Comprende?

Yes Harper wants free reign so he can fuck shit up... :rolleyes: idiots

Good job supporting the Bloc, you traitor fucks.

Yes Harper wants free reign so he can fuck shit up... :rolleyes: idiots

Good job supporting the Bloc, you traitor fucks.

What he's really trying to say is, "rawr rawr warr wrawrawrw rharper rawrwarwrawrwarwar haroer arwrawraw"

Good job understanding how our government works.

I understand very well how it works and that's exactly why Im pissed off, because the system is retarded. After all that shit we're now possibly facing another election. After all that shit, we're now facing the possibility that Dion, the guy who ran his party into the ground single-handedly, will be Prime Minister... even though its PAINFULLY clear (and don't deny this for a second) that he didn't have any strong support during the last election.

How can any of you agree with this bullshit? How can you agree with the politicians doing whatever they want after the votes are counted? How can you stand for these guys to join in a coalition when they expressly stated that they wouldn't entertain that as an option? How can you support the Liberals and NDP joining up with separatists from Quebec?

Fuck the technicalities, think about the big picture here folks. Your votes didn't count for shit. And now our tax dollars are further being wasted on political games instead of running the country.

Back