It's pretty obvious Bernie ain't gonna win. So, Hillary vs Trump.

as far as i know, those "classified emails" were not classified at the time they were sent...they were classified after the fact - including a fucking news article.

i mean....i hate the fact that she had her own email server (even though it was probably more secure than the governments! haha) - many politicians appear to do this to get around FIOA requests and the like....but to try to say she is a traitor or some shit is going off the rails.

you are fucking stupid.

Reactions: bam
i mean it's sad that a reality tv person can win the electorate by saying so little of actual substance but personally idgaf if trump wins, it's not like i (or anyone here) is in his crosshairs. in my daily life i cannot say i am substantially affected by things that "make america look bad".

freaking out about him seems p hypocritical since you're indulging in the same weirdo fantasy as his supporters like brasstax that think statements like "cleaning up the border" and "making your tax dollars count" mean a single goddamn thing at all

although i guess the one fantasy i will indulge in is that it's p scary how much he has it out for the first amendment
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/opinions/trump-first-amendment-protections-opinion-randazza/index.html

I'm all for the media reporting facts. Instead they pretty much can write whatever bullshit they want to, then if they fuck up, they can write a retraction and stuff it on some page nobody looks at but the damage has already been done.

I showed my kid this picture and told him this could be the first lady:
Melania-6.jpg

He nodded his head appreciatively. He paused and said - Wait - doesn't he want to get rid of common core? A hot first lady and no common core? That's awesome! Two seconds later his entire xbox party was yammering about how hot Trump's wife is and getting rid of common core.

To call trump a 'reality tv person' is a bit much. He did a hell of a lot of stuff and was famous in his own right long before that.

I'm all for the media reporting facts. Instead they pretty much can write whatever bullshit they want to, then if they fuck up, they can write a retraction and stuff it on some page nobody looks at but the damage has already been done.

and that's what existing libel laws are for, to allow a person to recoup legitimate damages once libel is proven

idk why you want to live in a society where the government gets first say on what gets published. i get why trump wants that, but idk why any citizen at all would think that's in their favor.

take a look at the kind of SLAPP suits trump has a history of. the dude wants to be able to sue for defamation as a response to being sued. land of the free home of the don't ever file a lawsuit against someone richer than you

It's the way it's setup. It isn't Trumps fault. He is just good at the game. Anyone can sue anyone else for whatever reason in the US. It causes a real hassle. So - even if he isn't going to win - it still hurts to have to go through the motions and it can be devastating on a bank account. To him, it's probably chump change in some cases so he doesn't give a shit. Again - he didn't make the rules but he can play the game. Props.

um. fucking duh. that's why several states have passed anti-SLAPP statutes and why some legislators are pushing for a federal one. so that people like trump can't play that game. you think president trump is going to cut off his own hand like that?

i get the feeling you have no clue whatsoever what you're talking about which does explain a lot about why you support trump

Did Donald Trump make the law? No. Does he play the game - yes. Not his deal. Take away - don't pass so many fucking stupid complex laws.

On a football field - if they said it was legal to trip someone - guess what - people would trip.

. land of the free home of the don't ever file a lawsuit against someone richer than you

the way it's set up now, that's pretty much the way it is anyway

those with large wealth, or even just "rich", are able to shut down and literally destroy the lives of "everyday people"

the truly rich all know each other and collude

it's sick

save the common sense no-nonsense straight talkin for your geriatric wife and try actually engaging with an issue.

it's NOT legal in the state of california to file a slapp lawsuit like the one trump did as cited above. and guess what? he got called out for it and he got punished. and he said he thinks that's unfair and he wants to change libel law to be more favorable to plaintiffs.

to use your analogy, this would be like if it was illegal to trip, some player constantly tripped and had penalties left and right, said player said "well i think that's not fair and one day when i'm commissioner i'll change the rules to make tripping legal", and you voted for him while still maintaining some weird cognitive dissonance that tripping is wrong

The entire world plays like that at the top level.
It is how it always has been. And how it always will be.

Here is a little trick - ignore all of that shit as much as you can and stay out of bitchy little fights. Work hard. Pack in the dough. Protect the dough. Love your family and friends. Help others when possible. Turn off the TV. Make a bubble and enjoy life. Maybe do some travelling to NZ/Aus/GB/Canada/Ireland/Other places in Europe. have some fun and enjoy this incredibly awesome planet with clean water, blue skies, amazing terrain and even some snow while we still have it.

Back