[halloween] what are you?

i m prolly going to do spock ears and then act like lt cmdr data "no im purty sur spock is a robot...". my dream costume is indiana jones even tho i know it would confirm my toolery

Neo, I'll point to the big scar on the back of my head as the spot where I was unplugged from the matrix.

It may morph into Omar from the Wire if I can find a shotgun and a doo rag

Sigh. The whole point of Halloween is to dress up in a scary costume, not just any random shit. Retards.

the_grudge___stairs_by_mimichee-d5je28g.jpg

Sigh. The whole point of Halloween is to dress up in a scary costume, not just any random shit. Retards.

umm actually it has nothing to do with dressing up scary.....

" It is thought to have originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts. In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints and martyrs; the holiday, All Saints’ Day, incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before was known as All Hallows’ Eve and later Halloween. Over time, Halloween evolved into a secular, community-based event characterized by child-friendly activities such as trick-or-treating. "

so you wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts... it has nothing to do with being scary... its jsut that scary stuff is so much cooler :p

umm actually it has nothing to do with dressing up scary.....

" It is thought to have originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts. In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints and martyrs; the holiday, All Saints’ Day, incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before was known as All Hallows’ Eve and later Halloween. Over time, Halloween evolved into a secular, community-based event characterized by child-friendly activities such as trick-or-treating. "

so you wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts... it has nothing to do with being scary... its jsut that scary stuff is so much cooler :p

sort of but not exactly, the origin of celebrating at that time of year goes back further... samhain is the neo-pagan word. pronouced sa-ween that actually drived from the old irish samain, pronounced sa-veen.

samain is the first day of november, marking the end of summer and beginning of winter and in their calendar starting a new year and it's thought by historians that this would be a huge festival time for them centered around harvest, herd culling, and new beginnings.

there is an interesting read, if you are into it, at:
What is Samain or Samhain? — Celtic Studies Resources

:spineyes:

I was hammered last night downtown clubbing at ybar sound bar and spy bar it real fun time

lOL I charged so much shit on my credit card it got rejected for fraud funk u knobdat a bad night

Back