Your desks, show them to me

[so] I've got 2 electric power lift legs from a medical lift table bed. They are about 7 inches square and 24 inches tall. iirc they lift about 18 inches beyond nominal height, and will lift 500 pounds each. The bed they were mounted on is 7 foot by 5 foot with outriggers to stabilize it. Actually I have the entire bed also, I think I have the foundation for my new desk!

Primary workstation. (livingroom)

BPpWHim.jpg

Secondary workstation (den)

GQDkaOP.png

Auxiliary Workstation (livingroom)

v5b9dFY.png

Last edited:
Did you see my original thread? In there I linked a few countertops you can get at Ikea.

For the legs and the frame for under the desk for support, I thought about drawing up some plans and sending them over to the metal fabrication guy I use for flashings (work). I think nice thick metal legs will make the desk look industrial. Walnut or dark stain countertop with 3" round metal legs.

3 inch may be too chunky for industrial. 1.25 square tube should be about right with a live edge top.

Finished unpacking got a 2nd monitor and mounted them on arms to make standing easier.
L5HnVTB.jpg

I also just designed and built a new TV stand using some old reclaimed wood from a barn that used to be around here. Fun covid project.
ppmOFzA.jpg

Last edited:
its the pits. i bought it to "match the design style" of the desk but its stupid. I need to just order a drafting chair and say fuk it.

I stand most of the time now tho.

If I had that as a computer chair I'd find myself reading books more often because I wouldn't want to sit at the computer.

Yeah they also come in what I call chrome, and white. Petty sure you could get similar there. I screwed desk to wall studs so legs only at the front.

Yeah they also come in what I call chrome, and white. Petty sure you could get similar there. I screwed desk to wall studs so legs only at the front.
Yeah, and it looks good too. I only see 2 legs on your setup; nice and minimal while on mine, I have 9. :lol:

Did you install a ledger along the back wall that will hold the weight of the desk?

*edit - I just went back to you original post and saw the framing and install.

Last edited:
Back