whoever suggested exercise...*strangle*

dude gyms rock... i played o line for my football team... i was tubby freshmen year 5'6/7 like 170lbs... i started lifting weights gaining muscular mass and losing fat. although who ever suggested aerobics is probably right... weight training wouldnt hurt.

Dude... You can NOT go from 340+ to 200 and avoid stretch marks. Yes the skin is still elastic, but that is a PROFOUND change in body weight.. and thats alot of skin to shrink.

especially if you have them now, you will have them when you drop 100 pounds.

Hell, hope that I am wrong... but be prepared when im right.

my brother is 6 foot 315 lbs and he has the most disgusting stretchmarks ive ever seen

i try and help the guy but he doesnt get that sitting around and drinking beer and eating pizza/fast food with an occasioanl softball game thrown in is NOT a healthy way to live

i remember i was at the gym, and this guy started talking to me about how he was losing weight and shit and how he was doing it, seemed pretty good

then he lifted up his shirt to show me how much he lost, and jesus fuck, he had stretch marks all over his tummy =/

When I needed to lose weight, I joined a local gym (Life Plex). The people there were really nice, and it was a lot of fun. You can watch TV and movies, or listen to music while on the treadmills. If you're really serious about losing weight, I'd suggest this as your best bet.

MrSmall said:
hmm, so thats what those lines are like, right up by my sholder and armpits?

yeah...usually right where your pec and shoulder comes together. thats where most guys get them, on the back side too where the lat and the posterior head of the deltoid come together.

most of the rest of the body doesnt get that kind of growth, because most guys center their attention on chest/arms because thats what they think makes a strong physique

HITAKH said:
When I needed to lose weight, I joined a local gym (Life Plex). The people there were really nice, and it was a lot of fun. You can watch TV and movies, or listen to music while on the treadmills. If you're really serious about losing weight, I'd suggest this as your best bet.

that, or he could just swim laps heh, much more fun, and swimming uses all muscles of your body

JuggerNaught said:
yeah...usually right where your pec and shoulder comes together. thats where most guys get them, on the back side too where the lat and the posterior head of the deltoid come together.

most of the rest of the body doesnt get that kind of growth, because most guys center their attention on chest/arms because thats what they think makes a strong physique

ah.. well i do pay attention to my legs, because i know a lot of guys who have strong upper bodys, but have weak knees and stuff... i do squats, the thing where i lift up my legs while on my tummy, and what not... but never had a stretch mark around my legs

MrSmall said:
i remember i was at the gym, and this guy started talking to me about how he was losing weight and shit and how he was doing it, seemed pretty good

then he lifted up his shirt to show me how much he lost, and jesus fuck, he had stretch marks all over his tummy =/

well stretchmarks dont go away immediatley and the older you are the less your skin will get back in shape.

like when you see older guys/girls that have a stomach staple or whatever, they lose weight fast...their stretchmarks dont go away, because 1: it was an accelerated weight loss and the skin doesnt 'snap back' that fast, and 2: they are older so their skin doesnt have the colagen that it once did and therefore isnt as elastic so if it gets stretched, it stays stretched, thats why they have operations to remove the excess skin. You ever seen someone that has had a massive loss in weight but hasnt had the excess skin removed? its pretty rough, looks like they are in skin thats 10 sizes too big for them.

JuggerNaught said:
well stretchmarks dont go away immediatley and the older you are the less your skin will get back in shape.

like when you see older guys/girls that have a stomach staple or whatever, they lose weight fast...their stretchmarks dont go away, because 1: it was an accelerated weight loss and the skin doesnt 'snap back' that fast, and 2: they are older so their skin doesnt have the colagen that it once did and therefore isnt as elastic so if it gets stretched, it stays stretched, thats why they have operations to remove the excess skin. You ever seen someone that has had a massive loss in weight but hasnt had the excess skin removed? its pretty rough, looks like they are in skin thats 10 sizes too big for them.

hmm, this was like a 18 year old azn kid tho =p

edit: he was losing weight rapidly tho, because his diet consisted of him eating the bare essentials to survive, and lots of situps, walks, and sitting in sonnas

MrSmall said:
ah.. well i do pay attention to my legs, because i know a lot of guys who have strong upper bodys, but have weak knees and stuff... i do squats, the thing where i lift up my legs while on my tummy, and what not... but never had a stretch mark around my legs

probably because you dont do the same types of exercise.

think of the motions that area goes through during a bench, stretched way back...AND growing forward at the same time, there isnt an area on your legs that will do that kind of growth and movement

MrSmall said:
that, or he could just swim laps heh, much more fun, and swimming uses all muscles of your body

see page 3 and 4 for what I said about swimming.

yeah it takes a while...if you want to see how a stretchmark forms....take a piece of saran (sp) wrap and slowly start stretching it, watch what happens right before it rips. a stretchmark is literally your epidermis seperating from the pressure of growth. if you have a big enough stretchmark you can feel it and tell that right under that red 'mark' there is nothing....kinda like an empty area, its the tissue under the dermis seperating from the pressure and stretching. when you lose weight, it takes a while for those epidermal layers to regrow together...there are some creams that weightlifters and pregnant women use to make them go away.

damn mav, oh well, swimming isn't that important...

btw, if you're really serious, i don't know if this has been touched before but i'll say it anyway..

DIET! DIET! DIET!
RECORD! RECORD! RECORD!

I can not tell you how many people i've talked to, that try to either gain weight, or lose weight, and all they do is go to the gym. In order to be effitient in either losing or gaining, you need to have a steady diet. Weather it's 6 meals a day or 2, it doesn't matter. As long as you stick to it, and it's proven to be a good thing. SLIM FAST DOESN'T WORK. ANYTHING YOU SEE MARKETED TOWARDS HOUSE WIVES THAT SIT AROUND AND WISH TO LOSE WEIGHT DOES NOT WORK. Get on a scale, you're a guy, it's not that bad if you weigh a lot. Record your weight often, I used to record my weight once a week. Record what you eat, the calorie, fat, carbs, whatever your diet calls for. Bottom line, losing weight, and becoming healthy is a change in your whole life style, and once you lose your weight, you have to keep that life style, because you'll just gain it all back very fast.

i think i coverd everything, heh

play lots of DDR

eric-ddrdiet.jpg

Back