What are you most looking forward to? T:V

I'm looking forward to:

-The development of Tribal Egos over time whereby friendly people turn into boars commensurately with increased tribal skills.

-The development of new cliques, especially the "we played Tribes1 (or Tribes2), you didn't" people and the "We're here to own this ladder having just recently owned the Worms 3 ladder" people.

-The resrugence of sacred cow teams such as IE and 5150, and the controversy surrounding their inclusion in beta testing.

-The how to be more inclusive to newbies debates.

-1000 O sniping is/is not legitimate threads.

-The return of forum drama queens like Bounty, LogRoller, El Mariachi and possibly even HORKA THANE.

Hmm

Thrax Panda said:
Something as drastic as a hook would take months of planning and tons of testing with no guarantee that it would be anything other than trouble. To include it we would have had to have started work on it a long time ago.

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!

Wow overnight this thread went platinum..lol

rilkean panther said:
I'm looking forward to:

-The development of Tribal Egos over time whereby friendly people turn into boars commensurately with increased tribal skills.

-The development of new cliques, especially the "we played Tribes1 (or Tribes2), you didn't" people and the "We're here to own this ladder having just recently owned the Worms 3 ladder" people.

If you weren't looking forward to this, would you belong here? ;)

rilkean panther said:
I'm looking forward to:

-The resrugence of sacred cow teams such as IE and 5150, and the controversy surrounding their inclusion in beta testing.

-The return of forum drama queens like Bounty, LogRoller, El Mariachi and possibly even HORKA THANE.

I'm actually looking forward to all of those things. Tribal tension is much more exciting than someone stealing their own hub back after giving it away.

Zoolooman said:
But Lucius, part of Tribes's greatest balancing features is the predictability of inertia. When you move fast, you lose the capability to maneuver out of the way. The grappling hook as a redirecting force counters one of the central mechanics of the jetpack movements: predictability.

THANK YOU, best statement about this that I have heard.

The only way that I can compare this is from a game I play on gamecube with my freinds every now and then.

Its called 007 Agent Under Fire for the gamecube and ps2 I beleive and its actually preety fun albeit its simple nature. There is a "hook" in the 007 game as it does fit with most 007 games. Although when used in Multiplayer you can hook it to anything and then when used it just becomes this spiderman sling fest to get out of the way of bullets and even with AUTO aim it becomes annoying could you imagine the frustration of leading someone and firing off a perfect shot to only find they Grapple the opposite direction. Perosnally I think this would get very annoying very fast.

ON TOPIC:

More then anything I want a good strong community again. Ahhh *closes eyes* =)

Um Thrax..I know you cannot tell us what is behind the curtains..

Could you atleast tell me whats NOT ?

For instance can you just please flat out say that there is NOT GOING TO BE a grappling hook?

Stage01 said:
Could you atleast tell me whats NOT ?
There are no Llamas in the ga... um, can't guarantee that actually.... How about Jedi. There are no Jedi in the game, and no Jedi were harmed in the making of this game.

It's like when people say, "Did you kill and eat that baby?" and you reply "no comment," and everyone is like, "oh, no comment means yes," but then you used it when you really didn't eat the baby even tho it made you look bad, but the next time you're accused of eating a baby and you really DID eat one this time you can still say "no comment" and people will be like, "well now I just don't know."

Something unique touches like earlier tribes has :) after 3 years still trying to learn some tricks, at the end same tactical based action, smaller maps than earlier 2 games has have in their original mapset for newbies. To keep their action requirements filled.

rilkean panther said:
I'm looking forward to:

If these things did not happen, it wouldn't be TRIBES.

NAT Mav said:
ebert.jpg
1149a.jpg

ear.jpg
raft-acc-oar.jpg

Last edited:
Back