What amount of family money do you consider middle class

This is why you retire to rural america. I bought my house here for a 3rd of my previous house... and I have a chunk of property with it.

I'm sure SF is pretty cheap compared to this place. House we live in is worth over a million even after the property market took a massive shit. In 2008 it would have been 2 million. We make well over $500k combined and can barely afford the salaries of our maid/driver/gardener/pool guy.

Honestly one of the greatest posts u will ever make, and no one bit, shame :sunny:

GG Mitch

Varies by location and how much communism has infested the state and local government.

Maybe a two bedroom in a not great hood. We paid over 1.5 for a 3/2 house in a good hood
Im in the Walnut Creek area and it's the same thing here. 3/2 homes sell for $1+mil. Studio apartments are now above $2k a month in some areas and around $1,600 in ghettos. 1 bedroom condos sell for $650k in some areas while in other 'lower'-class areas, $500k. You can find apartments for sale in low-class areas for about $350-400k. Everything is so overpriced it's not funny.

im in a village of 1900 people and its still too many people for me.

I seriously need to live on a mountain somewhere far away from anyone

We live in an expensive property city. People complain about "housing affordability". Too many suckers want to study stupid fun stuff AND live in the expensive city AND have a luxurious lifestyle. Champagne taste on a beer income... entitlement.

There are other options. Lots of jobs in regional areas with cheap property but smashed-avocado-eating-hipsters who spend $5 a day on late don't want to move to regional areas as it's not hip and arty enough.

Back