universal studios (orlando)

ya, i dont need/crave coasters

going to the town is good enough for me

too bad it's not in a cold environment :(

in other questioning news, how is disney/orlando during October? do they retheme the parks and make it spooky and fun?

bottom of the shit pile, bump

mid sept to mid nov it is rethemed as halloween (in magic kingdom, other parks do more of a fall theme which is more subtle). they also have extra pay events at night where people show up in costume and go around trick or treating. (it is expensive and meant for kids, although I saw a lot of adults in stupid costumes that indicated they probably REALLY liked playing WOW)

is there anything in america that is actually themed scary/spooky and not just retarded/dumb scary? (in amusement parks)

so orlando and other parks would be fall-y type :(

maybe magic kingdom would be fun halloweeny still though. hmm. cobwebs and things? monsters lurking around? wat?

closest would probably be halloween horror nights at universal.
magic kingdom has ghosts and pumpkins everywhere, but its designed so it doesn't scare the shit out of 4 year olds.

oh, so like a pumpkin patch theme. I guess sticking cobwebs everywhere would be a bitch to maintain and clean

i'd like to know more about halloween horror nights

are the parks open later to take advantage of spoooooky twilight and evening and night time lightning?

HHN is usually pretty good and always adult-themed.

I've only been once but my brother goes every year.

Halloween Horror Nights at Universal is adult themed, but packed. The crowds are crazy, you end up being herded through each house (maze) like cattle. They sell express passes, but they cost more than your entrance ticket. Without the passes, lines for each house can reach 1 hour, and you're waiting outside. I'd avoid this event.

Busch Gardens has Halow-O-Scream, which is also haunted houses, adult themed. Lines at this event are not quite as long.

Cedar Fair parks (like Cedar Point and Knotts) have Halloween events that are included with your daily ticket. Knotts has one of the best events years running.
http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/knotts-berry-farm-un-7365/

Last edited:
i dont want to go to the rust belt to enjoy myself

however, cold air halloween themed haunted house type things does sound appealing...

i grew up in orlando, never went to holloween horror nights cause it seemed gay, never heard good reviews from friends either, but there are decent music shows at it (for teenagers anyways)

parents went to the harry potter cast member opening before the real opening and liked it (they are harry potter fans), usually we trade dads free disney tickets for universal tickets from friends to see shit, im gonna go check it out in another 4 years or so when the lines die down.

i think if you do a volunteer thing in your own area that disney sponsors you can get free tickets for stuff

edit: nm i just looked and it's over

Back