universal studios (orlando)

Tyrone

Veteran X
any idea where i can get a decent deal on universal studios orlando tix?

i'm too jewish (and black) to pay $100+ for entry into a theme park

that was my first thought although he is probably banned for life for feeding drinks to 12 year olds

I'm sure the OP is serious, but I'll play along and hit the softball out of the park like batting practice.

It's actually $82 for a single day park ticket. Discounts for the Orlando parks are tuff to come by, unless you want to endure a time share presentation where they saw your arm off at the end. You save money by visiting Publix, and stocking up a cooler for food and drinks.

The new HP land is made up of 7 shops, only one new ride, which many are calling a coaster. It will turn you upside down and get stuck when a fat person falls on the walk way and they have to e-stop the ride. Be sure to have your phone in pocket so you can call 911 and tell the operator, "I can't do this anymore." The restraint is supposed to click 3 times, yet fat people don't try out the test seat, so they wait until they're in the ride, the harness doesn't click, they argue, and the ride has to be e-stopped.

The new ride is called the Forbidden Joke, wait times are 3-4 hours.

Oh, and the shops are very tiny, the size of what you see in the movie, barely big enough to hold 20-30 people, yet 20k roam the shopping mall looking to buy trinkets. So many people, that even cops from Pittsburgh walk out without paying because they don't feel like waiting.

http://weirdnews.about.com/od/weird...g-Shots/Cop-Accused-in-Harry-Potter-Theft.htm

Pittsburgh, REPRESENT.

Last edited:
I'm sure the OP is serious, but I'll play along and hit the softball out of the park like batting practice.

It's actually $82 for a single day park ticket. Discounts for the Orlando parks are tuff to come by, unless you want to endure a time share presentation where they saw your arm off at the end. You save money by visiting Publix, and stocking up a cooler for food and drinks.

The new HP land is made up of 7 shops, only one new ride, which many are calling a coaster. It will turn you upside down and get stuck when a fat person falls on the walk way and they have to e-stop the ride. Be sure to have your phone in pocket so you can call 911 and tell the operator, "I can't do this anymore." The restraint is supposed to click 3 times, yet fat people don't try out the test seat, so they wait until they're in the ride, the harness doesn't click, they argue, and the ride has to be e-stopped.

The new ride is called the Forbidden Joke, wait times are 3-4 hours.

Oh, and the shops are very tiny, the size of what you see in the movie, barely big enough to hold 20-30 people, yet 1k roam the shopping mall looking to buy trinkets. So many people, that even cops from Pittsburgh walk out without paying because they don't feel like waiting.

Cop Accused in Harry Potter Theft

Pittsburgh, REPRESENT.

thats great but where do i get the cheap tickets.

preferably free. use those connections you have to hook me up.

thats great but where do i get the cheap tickets.
preferably free. use those connections you have to hook me up.

No free tickets, barely any discounts. Here's a legit site I've used in the past for people visiting from the UK
Universal Studios, Universal Orlando tickets - map, reviews, address, hotels near Universal Studios, Florida

I can save you money on parking, which is $15 a day. Park across the street from the parking garage in the Holiday Inn parking lot. There's a TGIFridays. Walk across Kirkman Road, into the parking garage, and you just saved yourself lunch. So there, I got you free parking. Only way to get in for free is to sneak in. You could go in through the employee area if you can sneak past the guard that stops cars. This can usually be done if you're by yourself, but if you're with a group, or date, it won't look good.

Didn't they just redress Dueling Dragons for Harry Potter world?

Yes, they re-themed the queue, took away the dragon statues at the entrance, and it's the exact same ride, big whoop. They did the same thing with the kiddie coaster, which they call Flight of the HippoGrif.

There is only one new ride, and it's modeled after Disney's haunted house. Except on this ride, there's an over head restraint, and the bench seat moves in more directions (upside down). You pass from room to room looking at movie scenes, and get very close to walls and trees that are swinging around. They basically copied Disney's haunted mansion. You can see the ride if you search YouTube for Forbidden Journey, which is exactly what this ride is. Don't waste your time going, the lines are insanely long.

Last edited:
the only way to get cheaper tickets to the orlando parks (minus seaworld which will pay you to come in) is to sit through time share presentations. i haven't seen a legit discount of even 5% (including for employees) in years.

in other news, save some time and skip universal. it smells like garbage and is just slightly more fancy than a six flags. for what it is, it is way, way over priced.

What Ryan said. They've been slaving their people to death, and not keeping the parks clean. The staff is rude, and if you get into an argument with security, they'll ban you for a year, permanent, or have you arrested.

Yes, save your money for a ski trip, or a visit to Cedar Point. They just announced their new ride, WindSeeker. It's going to take people 301 feet in the air and spin them in a circle.
CP Mobile
The same ride will open at 3 other Cedar Fair parks in 2011.

Last edited:
ya, i dont need/crave coasters

going to the town is good enough for me

too bad it's not in a cold environment :(

in other questioning news, how is disney/orlando during October? do they retheme the parks and make it spooky and fun?

Back