The Tribalwar League

its not going to make it much smaller. I like the idea of 2 competitve ladders, and i think it would work out nicley if done right...which im sure it will be, if it goes through.

Even though a lot of teams would probably be on both ladders, I think the idea of an allstar match would be nice.

I can't say enough how awesome I think it would be if TW basically created software that was the equivalent of the t2 browser, and integrated it with a ladder.

That'd just be fucking amazing

I think that the best way to solve the map picking problem would be to have each team pick a map and have a 3rd randommly generated

The tempest said:
I think that the best way to solve the map picking problem would be to have each team pick a map and have a 3rd randommly generated

Sounds alot better than one team picking. One thing I didn't like about OGL especially was when the cluster got going, and those same teams picked the same cluster maps over and over. Being good at 2-3 maps doesn't mean nearly as much to me as being able to be that good over any map, at any time.

Ok, umm i didnt quite read the entire thread so if this is OFN then sry about that.

But the way i see it is if CAL is in fact doing a ladder and it goes well enfough that it also moves into the CPL. Then there are most likely going to be tournys with large cash prizes from CPL sponsors. I dont think there is any tribes team who wouldn't be willing to compete for around a $50k or more prize.

Now i am totally for the idea of having a TW only ladder. My only concerns would be to keep the General Discussion section clean of any trash talking cheeze that you would normally be found in TWL, which can be easily delt with by just creating another forum section. Since i think retaining the idea that TW is a place where tribes players can come and chill and not have to worry about who is on which tribe or worried about getting smacked about getting owned in a match when trying to talk about something totally not tribes related.

Now starting TW ladder regardless of type would most likely bring more people to TW, which if that is its goal it will probably work. However, if CAL and CPL are giving away large cash prizes and having their big ass tournys I really don't see how TW can compete with something like that unless they can get compartive sponsorship for the tournys and ladders. Which if anyone has ever played in CPL before you would know that they have some pretty big sponsors that i think might not be easily won over. I know I would definitly go and play on cal and cpl and try to win some cash, and if we are concerned about ladder/league populariry with a TW ladder I really don't know how you can compete.

Colosus said:
With smaller team sizes, god I hope so. Look at it this way...

If 1/4 of the people on this forum (3000 people) create teams with an average size of 15 people (at 7-9 players in a match, 15 should be plenty to field that many weekly), that's 200 teams. Just from this forum alone. Now given T2's sales of over 400,000 total copies. Take 5% of that to be the "competition" people. That's 20,000 people. That's over 1333 teams @ 15 people per. Estimate a maximum team size of 20 (double on field number) and that's 1000 teams. Even split between two major ladders, that's 500 per with no crossover.

I think it is very possible. But I'm also a dreamer.

This is an overlooked detail: There is no way to determine the number of competent leaders in a community. It's a problem T2 faces right now. You have a large number of "free agents," but they lack good quality leaders to form teams.

Also, to pyro: A lot of T2 classic players ARE T1 vets.

Kaiser(A) said:
This is an overlooked detail: There is no way to determine the number of competent leaders in a community. It's a problem T2 faces right now. You have a large number of "free agents," but they lack good quality leaders to form teams.

I also agree that this is an important problem. But I think this will be remedied if T:V completely and uterly kicks massive ass. Because we have to examine the cause of this problem. T2 sucked, me and tons of other T1 players agreed that it was buggy as shit, the gfx engine wasnt as fine tuned or as efficient as it needed to be. It took someone to make mod, classic, to give them game a little more life to and try to fix what was already badly broken. There are very few people from T1 that I know that actually ended up playing t2. Simply because it was so bad in comparison. There are the few of us who stuck around to play it anyway just because we like tribes so much. But that is neither here nor there. So this is really what ends up happening, you have lack of leadership, and the people willing to start new teams, 75% of the expericaned/semi-exp players from t1, arnt because they just don't play. the crap that is T2 totally split the community in my opinion. because of these facts. However, i also think that the oppisite may also be true. if T:V does kick massive ass, i think that will bring a large amount of the old players back and help to increase the whole competent leader issue.

Last edited:
a tw ladder?

seems iffy, I say keep your resources strong to what they are, make WOFN a stable and reliable organization that gest through th egrowing pains of being a new group of people, and a year AFTER that, consider a league.

If you want these things you have to invest and focus. Look at CAL league as a good example of that. You wont have a good ladder or site with 100% devotion to it...

Back