The rising use of SWAT teams is bad.

I hate cops. If there are a bigger bunch of power hungry, self-centered, asshats in the world, I would be surprised.

I hate cops. If there are a bigger bunch of power hungry, self-centered, asshats in the world, I would be surprised.
You can go to Africa where the militia kills you and your family because of your ethnicity.

But yeah we have it pretty bad here as well.

Or maybe you could just not do shit to piss them off and in turn act like an emo with a skinned knee?

I have never had a problem with cops. I have never even had a speeding ticket.

My godfather is in the mass state police. He is an arrogant prick as are all his 'trooper friends' I have met at various cookouts. My father is a fire captain, and he thinks nearly all the cops in his city are arrogant faggots.

:shrug:

Mistakes do happen, and people will always remember the bad things over the good things done. I'm not sure about comparisons, but I'd like to think the good things SWAT teams have done by far out numbers the bad. Then you get into your philisophical debates about good bad right wrong, etc. My personal opinion is extreme force and high calibur weapons should be used against other extreme forces and high calibur weapons. The AK thing? Yeah, SWAT is a good way to handle that kind of shit. Things that normal police could handle without needing to wield an assault rifle? Leave it to the normal police. There are always "What if..." situations, but think about it... "What if..." situations could go pretty much anywhere, from taking hostages to an all-out fire fight, even a peaceful conclusion.

It's our own fault we need SWAT. As Baby Bew pointed out, if people would stop using body armor and AK's, they wouldn't need to be so heavily armed.

then don't smoke weed?

it's not rocket science :lol:

... or move to Canada, where you can walk around the street smoking weed and the most that'll happen is a stern warning from a cop, if they even bother pulling over.

... or move to Canada, where you can walk around the street smoking weed and the most that'll happen is a stern warning from a cop, if they even bother pulling over.

Yup, it's true. Especially in the smaller cities and towns.

One of my buddies asked someone for a light for his pipe on the street.

The guy says to him,

"I'm an off-duty officer.." and shows him the badge

my friend kind of gets rattled by this but he's already stoned so he's like "Aww, come on man.. please?"

so the cop ends up lighting the guy's pipe, full of weed. :lol:

who the fuck cares man

hard-assed police and SWAT teams are awesome

our countries need some badass police to keep assholes in line.

as long as you're not breaking the law you're fine. I don't plan to break any laws, do you?

if you do you're a fucking criminal and your opinion shouldn't matter anyway. criminal.

You realise that most cities use there SWAT teams to serve warrants. A warrant doesn't make you a criminal, because according to Amercian Justice, you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. So basically, when you kick in the front door of a citizen and storm his private sanctuary with an armed assualt force, you've already decided he's guilty of something. If it turns out he was a dangerous criminal, we look the other way and condone the action as acceptable and necessary...

but what happens when we are wrong? Then what? How do we undo the damage we've done... because we can't, the damage we've done often is irrevocable. So what gives us the right to routinely take such a risk on behalf of the many? At what point do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one?

Give any other country an equal amount of violent minorities (poor white trash, mexicans, and black people) and they will need a strong police force too. Or they could kill them all like African nations do.

Look at the shit that is starting to go down in Europe with all the A-rabs. As technology increases, better arms are needed by the police to keep up.

You realise that most cities use there SWAT teams to serve warrants. A warrant doesn't make you a criminal, because according to Amercian Justice, you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. So basically, when you kick in the front door of a citizen and storm his private sanctuary with an armed assualt force, you've already decided he's guilty of something. If it turns out he was a dangerous criminal, we look the other way and condone the action as acceptable and necessary...

but what happens when we are wrong? Then what? How do we undo the damage we've done... because we can't, the damage we've done often is irrevocable. So what gives us the right to routinely take such a risk on behalf of the many? At what point do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one?

If you've done enough to warrant a warrant (lol pun lol), you're basically a criminal in my books. Keep your fucking hands out of dirty endeavours and you should never be served a motherfucking warrant.

Plus, humans are naturally wrong. It's a fact of life. We can never be perfect. For every single news story you hear where a SWAT team fucked up, there's 200 stories that don't get published because nothing exciting happened - they just did they job as normal.

Of course all you 'OMG THE NAZIS ARE TAKING OUR RIGHTS AWAY' morons don't realize this because you get taken by sensationalist news stories.

So like I said, suck 36 dicks.

What side of the fence are you on exactly?

When a warrant is issued it generally means the cops and prosecutors have enough evidence and are reasonably sure that the suspect is guilty of one crime or another.

SWAT is called in when there's a possibility that the suspect may be armed and dangerous.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in the court of law, so do you suggest the police stop knocking down doors and start using the telephone to plead with criminals to come in so they can be charged with crimes?

That guy being charged for shooting a SWAT officer after they served a warrant is beyond fucked up. It's the middle of the night, and people storm into my bedroom? Fuck yes I'm going to start shooting if I have a weapon on hand. What did they expect to happen when they don't identify themselves first?

Back