The bodyblock that killed Tribes

I honestly didn't believe the "big" teams in Tribes were cheating.

I thought all the accusations were just from sore losers who couldn't accept that they got beat down.

I had good reasons to have that opinion too... I mean, anyone who's particularly good at gaming usually gets called a "cheater" at some point... and those top teams really were that good for newbs and dummies to confuse "ass whipping' with "cheating"... so I took all the mumblings and buzz about cheating with a grain of salt.

When it finally blew up with definitive proof that they (and others) were cheating... I was like in fucking shock.... disgusted, couldn't believe it... it made no sense to me because, collectively, NuTz was as good as any of the teams they were competing against... why the fuck did they even dabble in cheating at all? They never really needed to in the first place.

wow, this is like the bellichick camera gate thing. i was never on anyteam in T1 smart enough or good enough to cheat. we always got our asses kicked once we got into the mid tiers.

maybe thats why i liked T2 better, it seemed to clear the slate and our teams though never elite could compete somewhat with the old T1 elite teams playing t2. I also think thats why hardcore T1ers didn't like T2 so much, they got used to dominating and really didnt enjoy being like everyone else.

but who knows, i really enjoyed all versions of tribes. still do, though i lost my TV disks

nutz were "as good" as the others, and got into the top 10 because they cheated thier way into the top 10. Those of us in the oldschool teams that absolutely hated cheating, hated nutz even more for bringing thier shitty cheats into the top 10, then going 2 steps further, 1st by going "viruz time" on other team's members, and then vehemently denying cheating of any kind, even when slapped square in the balls on video with it. NO RESPECT.

BYB was scarred for life it seems. WAY TO GO NUTZ. you guys ruined his life.

I remember having to remove any trace of HappyFlag or the auto target beacon thing before I went to whatever UVA I went to. Or maybe it was the MUTE lan, I dont remember.

Last edited:
the only cheat that had any actual advantage was the transparent walls and nofog

if you're bitching about happyflag you sucked too bad to know any better

I quit long before happyflag was rampant in Tribes, but honestly you are talking about a .5% advantage over the course of a match. Big deal! You get say one free flag return where you normally wouldn't have over the course of say 2 matches on avg.

Compared to things like beacon hanging, or a wallhack, its small potatoes.

HappyFlag with that actual obnoxious huge flag was annoying. It was a bitch to even see around it on certain maps.

Back