[pirates]something doesn't seem right about this story...

yea but blah blah blah human rights blah blah

to which President Musashi gets up before the UN and says, "Sucks to be a sub-national group committing violence on our citizens. And fuck you"

I call this the Musashi Doctrine. Play nice with civilized peoples, slam the fist of American might into the anuses to those who aren't.

It actually saves lives in the long run. 14 or so pirates dead, a few dozen killed in the home port from missiles, but how many will die over the next few years by negotiating?

From what I understood about the psychology of the pirates... they view this as a business of sorts... it's nothing personal, it's just business... a profitable one for them if they keep to a very basic plan.

1) Take care of the hostages. (IE see to their well being)
2) Keep up your end of the bargain. (IE release them unharmed when ransom is made)

I see this as A-Typical... something very bad went wrong. Something not expected and then spiraled into the worst possible conclusion for everybody... the Navy, the Pirates and the Hostages.

A hostages tried to take matters into their own hands...
A gun went off unexpectedly, startling armed parties into confrontation
The Navy attempted to resolve the incident with force, and fucked it up...
The Pirates became overly self confident.... and forgot the basic rules of piracy...

Whatever it was... someone fucked up... errors commited, mistakes made... blame now being redirected.... logs forged... ect ect.

Yeah, because intervention in Somalia worked out so well the last time we tried it.

Rules of Engagement handicapped that mission, only lesson I got from Black Hawk Down.

to which President Musashi gets up before the UN and says, "Sucks to be a sub-national group committing violence on our citizens. And fuck you"

I call this the Musashi Doctrine. Play nice with civilized peoples, slam the fist of American might into the anuses to those who aren't.

It actually saves lives in the long run. 14 or so pirates dead, a few dozen killed in the home port from missiles, but how many will die over the next few years by negotiating?

Swordfish, man. Make the costs of piracy/terrorism soo horrific on the perpetrators that they wont even think about using the tactic/s.

you can't just go launching missiles against undeveloped nations and expect there to be no repercussions. Any survivor of this would hold very strong anti-american sentiments, and they'd probably want revenge. One might call it backlash.

9/11 is a good example of backlash.

you can't just go launching missiles against undeveloped nations and expect there to be no repercussions. Any survivor of this would hold very strong anti-american sentiments, and they'd probably want revenge. One might call it backlash.

9/11 is a good example of backlash.

No, you only generate backlash if you do something bad to them and then become a pussy.

I'll give you one guess why china hasn't had any recent Uighur attacks.

who says they haven't? they probably have it's just all kept hush hush. wouldn't be the first time the chinese have restricted their media outflow. besides we're making much bigger splashes than the chinese are so we're a much more popular target.

From what I understood about the psychology of the pirates... they view this as a business of sorts... it's nothing personal, it's just business... a profitable one for them if they keep to a very basic plan.

1) Take care of the hostages. (IE see to their well being)
2) Keep up your end of the bargain. (IE release them unharmed when ransom is made)

I see this as A-Typical... something very bad went wrong. Something not expected and then spiraled into the worst possible conclusion for everybody... the Navy, the Pirates and the Hostages.

A hostages tried to take matters into their own hands...
A gun went off unexpectedly, startling armed parties into confrontation
The Navy attempted to resolve the incident with force, and fucked it up...
The Pirates became overly self confident.... and forgot the basic rules of piracy...

Whatever it was... someone fucked up... errors commited, mistakes made... blame now being redirected.... logs forged... ect ect.

yea there isa huge economy based on this shit. they need to feed all of them when they come to port as well so restaurants open and when the pirates do make money they go and invest it into legit stuff.

yea there isa huge economy based on this shit. they need to feed all of them when they come to port as well so restaurants open and when the pirates do make money they go and invest it into legit stuff.

I didn't say it was a "legit" morally honest business... I said they treat it like a business to make a living off of. An accessible means of obtaining what they need and want. They are not out there on the high seas because they hate America or Western ideology... not like certain middle eastern fanatical endeavors. They're not "terrorists". They're Pirates. They are out their because capturing some rich white folks on a yacht... or taking control of a large container ship... gets them paid. Often paid really well if they do it right.

And when you live in a part of the world where organized societies and civilization are non existent... there is no "government", no flag, no idealism, no law... it's just bands of disenfranchised people who are organized pretty much around the mutual desire to survive first and foremost above all else.

There is nothing morale about it.
There is nothing romantic about it.

It's just the business of survival.

And killing your hostages while in the middle of negotiating with the source of that which is the entire aim of your existence as a Pirate... makes no sense.

Ergo ... 4 American's died because someone fucked up.

And I highly doubt the Navy is going to be upfront about what might have actually happened if it was them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vee
obviously a botched rescue

hopefully after this and the sniper episode they'll think twice about fuckin with 'mericans

obviously a botched rescue

hopefully after this and the sniper episode they'll think twice about fuckin with 'mericans

First reports led me to believe one of the hostages tried something, the report was weird though it said one of the Pirates was killed with a knife. It struck me as an oddly specific thing to say, I saw it on google news and it's filtered out now

First reports led me to believe one of the hostages tried something, the report was weird though it said one of the Pirates was killed with a knife. It struck me as an oddly specific thing to say, I saw it on google news and it's filtered out now

the navy heard shots, boarded the boat, got into a fight, and stabbed a pirate.

of course i wasnt there so there is no use calling me out

I didn't say it was a "legit" morally honest business... I said they treat it like a business to make a living off of. An accessible means of obtaining what they need and want. They are not out there on the high seas because they hate America or Western ideology... not like certain middle eastern fanatical endeavors. They're not "terrorists". They're Pirates. They are out their because capturing some rich white folks on a yacht... or taking control of a large container ship... gets them paid. Often paid really well if they do it right.

And when you live in a part of the world where organized societies and civilization are non existent... there is no "government", no flag, no idealism, no law... it's just bands of disenfranchised people who are organized pretty much around the mutual desire to survive first and foremost above all else.

There is nothing morale about it.
There is nothing romantic about it.

It's just the business of survival.

And killing your hostages while in the middle of negotiating with the source of that which is the entire aim of your existence as a Pirate... makes no sense.

Ergo ... 4 American's died because someone fucked up.

And I highly doubt the Navy is going to be upfront about what might have actually happened if it was them.

why are you arguing with yourself ? WTF DUDE i never said pirating ws legit. but the pirates do pirating to get some money and then invest taht shit into legit business.

If they were TRUE pirates, they wouldn't try to steal the yacht ... they'd just make a copy of it.

Back